Us Politics: my creepy grandpa can beat up your creepy grandpa

Larry of the Lawn

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Counterpoint: America got drunk, like really fucking drunk, and then decided, hey, maybe hangovers suck.

I get the reservations, and Biden was far from my first choice, but he should be a good candidate. Then again, a plant would be too against this idiot. 

You are aware that was what Democrats were saying in 2016? We know hoe that ended...

I really hope America has learned its lesson in the past 4 years. But, I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

He’s trying to do what he’s always done, sell himself.

I have to start translating Serbian president's press conferences. It would make all of you less lonely :D #sharedgrief

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Hilary Clinton wasn't a fucking plant.

I wasn't saying that. But Democrats were saying in 2016 that there is no way Hillary could lose elections and she did. Trump should not be underestimated. AGAIN.

1 minute ago, Risto said:

You are aware that was what Democrats were saying in 2016? We know hoe that ended...

I really hope America has learned its lesson in the past 4 years. But, I doubt it.

Are you not watching him lose his mind? 

Besides, Biden is a likable person, which Hillary was not, even if you were like me and wanted to like her. I'm not worried about his electability. If anything, as I've said, states control their electoral process and that does give me a bit of pause. 

Just now, Risto said:

I wasn't saying that. But Democrats were saying in 2016 that there is no way Hillary could lose elections and she did. Trump should not be underestimated. AGAIN.

Donald Trump won the electoral college by what, 60,000 votes? Against someone who handily beat him in the popular vote? 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are you not watching him lose his mind? 

Besides, Biden is a likable person, which Hillary was not, even if you were like me and wanted to like her. I'm not worried about his electability. If anything, as I've said, states control their electoral process and that does give me a bit of pause. 

Yes. And I have been watching the same thing in my country too. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he is going to lose. There will always be some apologists who will claim that it is all propaganda or conspiracy or whatever.

Let's just hope you are right and let's hope he will understand how dangerous Trump can be and that he is not someone to be underestimated. Especially given the fact that right-wing politicians are getting traction all over the world.

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Donald Trump won the electoral college by what, 60,000 votes? Against someone who handily beat him in the popular vote? 

Yes... But he won. He managed to do the unthinkable. The unimaginable. I am not saying that he is better President or better candidate, just that given everything, he is not someone who should be taken lightly. He proved that in 2016.

13 minutes ago, Risto said:

Yes. And I have been watching the same thing in my country too. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean he is going to lose. There will always be some apologists who will claim that it is all propaganda or conspiracy or whatever.

Let's just hope you are right and let's hope he will understand how dangerous Trump can be and that he is not someone to be underestimated. Especially given the fact that right-wing politicians are getting traction all over the world.

Serbia, right? I can't speak to your country's politics, I sadly know next to nothing about them, and I say that as someone who is almost entirely Slavic on my father's side. But I am strangely optimistic about things here. Or who knows, Idiorcracy won? 

Your last point is noted, though. Quite valid.

Maybe in funner times, we can argue if this layoff stole more from Serena, Feds, Rafa or your boy Djoker. The formers are all just old. Your guy might just quit because he has better things to do. Of the four, he's the least single minded. 

12 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m not sure that I would say that health insurance reform qualifies as “heath care” reform.  

One of my complaints about the ACA, from its inception, was that it addressed a symptom (inability to get health insurance) rather than the problem, the high cost of health care. 

Zorral said that the Dem's choice always was to select "Choice # 1: Sitting around with our thumbs up our asses, doing nothing.".  Given the last two Dem presidencies have tried to implement major health care/health insurance reform, I think that is pretty freaking unfair.  And although the ACA may have focussed partly on health insurance reform, its expansion of Medicaid was significant.  

11 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Medical Malpractice is a difficult situation.  

Many Plaintiff’s attorneys want to conflate a bad outcome with the Physician “fucking up”.  Simply because a physician didn’t achieve a perfectly positive outcome in a time sensitive situation where the pressure was on to find the perfect solution (where such solution may not exist) does not mean the physician was negligent.

However, it is much easier to paint a sympathetic plaintiff to a jury of lay people without medical expertise as having been injured by a physician in a similar circumstance.

Med Mal is difficult, and should be.  Is a physician, who on top of having someone’s life in their hands, has to worry about a patient suing them if the outcome isn’t perfect going to do a better or worse job as a doctor?

I prefer the New Zealand approach.  A statutory scheme for those who suffer accidents in hospital, which is part of the scheme covering workers, drivers, and anyone getting injured anywhere in New Zealand.  Gives support, is not fault based, and provides more surety of cover and support better tailored to needs while keeping lawyers (and their costs) out of it.  

16 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Also, despite the Wisconsin court fucking them over, it looks like a dem will be taking that chair. 

Yeah, the GOP's current gambit to depress turnout as much as possible may well backfire.  I don't think they realize how many of their own voters they're also suppressing doing shit like they did in Wisconsin - not to mention the fact their resolute belief this tack will help them electorally is based on almost literally no data (I suppose now we have Wisconsin).

Archived