Football: Glories of future past in the Age of Apocalypse.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Predictable. 99% probability that we lose to Leicester. Fitness is a convenient excuse; this team is just mentally weak. There's over a dozen examples in the past year and a half that proves when crunch time comes this team will bottle it.

Eh, I don't think that's really fair- first, they pretty obviously are knackered, especially Bruno, and second I don't think there was a lack of effort from anyone really in the last few games. It's fitness but also teams just cottoning on to Bruno a bit and us lacking other avenues, which is why we've looked a bit more like the pre-Bruno teams.
But at the same time previously heads would drop when we went behind and they didn't really here- we didn't look great but we didn't look lost.

He's had good spells in the past but not sustained them, and I remember him looking great against us in a preseason a couple of years ago.

Anyway, at least Salah has been taken off now so he can't fuck any more of our attacks up. Comfortably the worst I've ever seen him play.

29 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Eh, I don't think that's really fair- first, they pretty obviously are knackered, especially Bruno, and second I don't think there was a lack of effort from anyone really in the last few games. It's fitness but also teams just cottoning on to Bruno a bit and us lacking other avenues, which is why we've looked a bit more like the pre-Bruno teams.
But at the same time previously heads would drop when we went behind and they didn't really here- we didn't look great but we didn't look lost.

I mean you can make all sorts of excuses but it's pretty obvious that this team is mentally weak. Not surprising that we've repeatedly bottled opportunities ever since last season. Once the pressure is on, that's when we start to look knackered and devoid of ideas and forget how to defend - pretty much the definition of bottlers.

Our next game has a guaranteed Leicester win written all over it with our players putting in a lethargic and error strewn performance and ending up 5th. Hope I'm proved wrong but the smart money is on United bottling it like we've bottled opportunities the last dozen plus times. 

Are you not entertained?  It will be interesting to see if Liverpool can regain their focus again for next season.

Brewster has done really, really well for Swansea.  He only went there on loan in January and managed 11 goals I think, with the quality increasing as his confidence grew.

It’s a pity that United now have CL qualification basically sewn up.  They’ve had a very good run of results since Fernandes arrived, and their schedule was easier in the run-in.  They have plenty of flaws to be sure but it was funnier when they were in meltdown every week.

Archived