Jump to content

NFL 2020: Vanity of Vanity; All is Vanity


Secretary of Eumenes

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Take a risk and do something that says you want to win now.

Given the Texans two firsts and two seconds for Watson, assuming you have the picks. 

More like assuming they'd make Watson available.  Would love to take a risk, just doubt there's much of anything realistic out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DMC said:

More like assuming they'd make Watson available.  Would love to take a risk, just doubt there's much of anything realistic out there.

I would. Especially if I could get those picks plus maybe some sweeteners. The Texans are bad, they have no future and are out their first two picks this year plus last years. Trade Watson, Watt, whoever else and just go full tank for two seasons. Watson can probably be had for the right offer, especially if the organization actually cares about him, because they are letting a great talent just get beaten up while doing nothing to help him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well I guess I'd propose this hypothetical, would you trade a third for Darnold with the hopes that Shanahan can fic him? You're not getting Lawrence or Fields in this draft and Idk what other prospects will be available. 

The kid out of North Dakota State is supposed to be pretty good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DMC said:

:P  Still smarting over that trade?  Not like Solomon Thomas worked out great for the Niners either.

It was Reuben Foster we took at three that year...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really?  I could have sworn we used our high pick to draft a guy who abused his way out of the league within a season and a half... :dunno:

ETA:  I’ll be damned... we did take him at 31.  Still a waste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it just me or did the NFL continue to not make sense? You have a player dive at a sliding QB and give him a concussion, the QB misses that game and one more at least, and that player doesn't get suspended. But you have a WR slap box another player, absolutely no injury other than his pride, and he gets 2 game suspension?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Is it just me or did the NFL continue to not make sense? You have a player dive at a sliding QB and give him a concussion, the QB misses that game and one more at least, and that player doesn't get suspended. But you have a WR slap box another player, absolutely no injury other than his pride, and he gets 2 game suspension?

Consistency in the NFL?

:lmao:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

It was Reuben Foster we took at three that year...

Here's a good rundown of what the Niners eventually got in the trade.  With Warner it's pretty straightforward - the Bears traded their next year's (2018) 3rd rounder along with that year's (2017) 3rd and 4th, and they used the former to draft him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three wonderful stats for this glorious day:

1. The Cowboys scored more points in Dak’s last fourth quarter than they have in the last three games.

2. Mahomes scored more TDs in his last game than the Jets have all season.

3. Over the last 20 years, QBs have thrown 5,000 more TDs than Ints. Meanwhile, over the same time period, the Browns have thrown more Ints than TDs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Three wonderful stats for this glorious day:

1. The Cowboys scored more points in Dak’s last fourth quarter than they have in the last three games.

2. Mahomes scored more TDs in his last game than the Jets have all season.

3. Over the last 20 years, QBs have thrown 5,000 more TDs than Ints. Meanwhile, over the same time period, the Browns have thrown more Ints than TDs.

Ridiculous stat, Dak has been out 2 1/2 games and yet still has more passing yards than over than half the NFL.

Was just looking at stats today and saw Mahomes has put himself right back at the top after a somewhat slow start and Wilson has cooled off just a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny the standard we hold him to considering he had a 16/1 TD/Int ratio going into the game. The Chiefs are just controlling games this year with the ground game. No need to unleash him until the games really count. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Funny the standard we hold him to considering he had a 16/1 TD/Int ratio going into the game. The Chiefs are just controlling games this year with the ground game. No need to unleash him until the games really count. 

Yeah, I went and looked at game by game stats and he has been good all year. Wonder why I had it in my head that he had a slow start? Maybe because Wilson was so hot early on?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Yeah, I went and looked at game by game stats and he has been good all year. Wonder why I had it in my head that he had a slow start? Maybe because Wilson was so hot early on?

It's because he's the best any of us have ever seen. Mahomes, just half way through his third year as a starter, is in a tier all to himself. Anything less than stunningly amazing seems odd. 

Or like Rodgers said, a down year for him is still a career year for most QBs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Niners-Packers game tonight should be tons of fun with the Niners' three top receivers out due to Bourne testing positive for covid yesterday.  if you're in the Santa Clara era the Niners are looking for someone to throw to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

So the Niners-Packers game tonight should be tons of fun with the Niners' three top receivers out due to Bourne testing positive for covid yesterday.  if you're in the Santa Clara era the Niners are looking for someone to throw to.

GB might be playing with two practice squad RBs for the same reason.

Fun times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

So the Niners-Packers game tonight should be tons of fun with the Niners' three top receivers out due to Bourne testing positive for covid yesterday.  if you're in the Santa Clara era the Niners are looking for someone to throw to.

I'm more of an epoch kinda gal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aceluby said:

GB might be playing with two practice squad RBs for the same reason.

Fun times.

The Niners main back last week and tonight started the season on the practice squad as well.

1 minute ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

I'm more of an epoch kinda gal.

:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...