US Politics - And Now it Begins

Lollygag

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

JFC.  Yeah, I said this an hour ago:

And then, in response, you continued the argument by saying this:

If your concern is just "Trumpism," then stop trying to argue with me when I agree in principle but simply point out "Trumpism" long predates Trump himself and will continue long after he's gone.

JFC indeed. Read all my posts. I was clearly talking about what an intelligent actor could do if they filled the space Trump left.  

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

JFC indeed. Read all my posts. I was clearly talking about what an intelligent actor could do if they filled the space Trump left.  

No you definitely weren't.  But keep telling yourself that in order to save face.  

More to my point of Trump gaming the primary system to keep the party under his control and radicalized.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/527117-kasich-republicans-either-in-complete-lockstep-or-afraid-of-trump

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said Sunday that many of his fellow Republicans are afraid to speak out against President Trump's baseless claims about election fraud due to fears of facing Trump-backed challengers in their home states.

In an interview with NPR, the former 2016 GOP primary contender said that other members of his party are "either in complete lockstep with [Trump] or they're afraid of him."

"They're afraid that they'll be primaried or they're afraid they'll be severely criticized," he said in an interview on "All Things Considered."

30 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who might that be though? We brainstorms and came up empty. The GOP is barren and I don't see sufficiently engaged business folks coming in to lead the Right. There's a reason that one of Trump's main backers/allies is the MyPillow guy. They aren't sending their best  

Even if anyone does rise, Trump will view them as an existential threat if he gets even the slightest whiff that they might want to and be able to successfully steal his limelight without him being in total control. Even if he does decide not to run, his lizard-brain survival instincts will still push him to take anyone else out. This is pretty much his mindset.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Devouring_His_Son

Biden will nominate Antony Blinken as secretary of State
The president-elect plans to name his longtime foreign policy adviser to head up the State Department.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/22/antony-blinken-secretary-of-state-439513

President-elect Joe Biden plans to nominate longtime adviser and veteran foreign policy hand Antony Blinken to serve as his secretary of State, while picking another confidant, Jake Sullivan, for the role of national security adviser, according to three people familiar with the issue.

Linda Thomas-Greenfield, a veteran diplomat, will be nominated to serve as Biden’s ambassador to the United Nations, according to two people familiar with the nomination discussions.

The choices would put three highly experienced officials at the helm of U.S. foreign policy. Even some notable conservative voices praised the three choices Sunday evening as news of their selection broke.

Blinken, 58, is considered a moderate who is well regarded by foreign diplomats and can pass muster with Republicans in the Senate, where he will have to seek confirmation. At the same time, he’s served as an intermediary for Biden and members of the progressive community, engaging the latter on their demands for what a Biden foreign policy will look like.

12 minutes ago, Sci-2 said:

Curious if this has any traction, if it even gets to Trump's ears.

I think Bernstein's point is it's well-past time for the 16 out of those 21 that haven't spoken up yet to do so.

5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

What? You claiming that tree doesn't got wood?

Doesn't matter, that's involuntary and biological!

Archived