College Football: We're Seriously Still Doing This?

Tywin et al.

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I’m just glad Fields is balling out. There could be 3 QB’s off the board when the Bengals pick. I had pretty much given up hope on getting Penei Sewell, but there’s still a chance...

I thought they already had the third largely locked up. You might want to be open to trading that pick. Bengals need a lot, Burrow might miss all of next season so you'll be bad again, and the 2022 retool could be really strong. 

I turned the game off shortly before halftime because my fuck buddy stopped by, but damn, the result is staggering. I didn't think Ohio St. had a chance. Everyone needs to laugh at Dabo's hick dumbass right now.

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I turned the game off shortly before halftime because my fuck buddy stopped by, but damn, the result is staggering. I didn't think Ohio St. had a chance. Everyone needs to laugh at Dabo's hick dumbass right now.

Way to rub it in to all us married folks.

ETA:  After posting this, I wish I had said “Tell @Jace, Basilissa I said hello.”  :smileysex:

34 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Way to rub it in to all us married folks.

There are tradeoffs, but I didn't breed with a woman who would raise their child to be a Wisconsin fan.

Except fuck, she's a diehard Packers fan. What am I risking? :eek:

ETA:  After posting this, I wish I had said “Tell @Jace, Basilissa I said hello.”  :smileysex:

Claire is actually a lot like Jace, personality wise. 

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I thought they already had the third largely locked up. You might want to be open to trading that pick. Bengals need a lot, Burrow might miss all of next season so you'll be bad again, and the 2022 retool could be really strong. 

Nope. They’re currently picking 5th. Depends what happens this week. They can pick anywhere from 3-10. 

3 hours ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

My personality is fire. Crimson and verdure flame that even the densest fuel cannot long coke.

This is the best description of the clap that I've ever heard 

42 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Nope. They’re currently picking 5th. Depends what happens this week. They can pick anywhere from 3-10. 

Yikes, sixth by my count. That tie...

You could still get an awesome WR though. Seen a few mocks where it feels like half the top 10 are WRs and you need someone to replace the shadow of A.J. Green.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yikes, sixth by my count. That tie...

You could still get an awesome WR though. Seen a few mocks where it feels like half the top 10 are WRs and you need someone to replace the shadow of A.J. Green.

I wouldn’t mind taking Ja’Marr Chase because of the Burrow connection, but Tee Higgins looks like the real deal so I’m not sure they will go WR. I’d personally love to grab Kyle Pitts if we don’t go OL. 

36 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

I wouldn’t mind taking Ja’Marr Chase because of the Burrow connection, but Tee Higgins looks like the real deal so I’m not sure they will go WR. I’d personally love to grab Kyle Pitts if we don’t go OL. 

Seems high for a TE.

20 hours ago, Nictarion said:

TJ Hockenson went 8th in 2019. And Pitts is the best TE prospect in years. 

Pitts was frightening in UKs game against Florida.  We have players in the secondary that will play on Sundays, and Pitts made them look foolish out there.

On 1/3/2021 at 12:37 AM, Nictarion said:

TJ Hockenson went 8th in 2019. And Pitts is the best TE prospect in years. 

I don't think I would use any draft pick the Lions make as a reason for someone else to do it. Just saying...

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

I don't think I would use any draft pick the Lions make as a reason for someone else to do it. Just saying...

Hockenson is already a Pro Bowler in just his second year. Only Travis Kelce and Darren Waller had more yards this season as a TE. He was obviously worth the top 10 pick. 

15 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Hockenson is already a Pro Bowler in just his second year. Only Travis Kelce and Darren Waller had more yards this season as a TE. He was obviously worth the top 10 pick. 

Just saying the Lions drafts aren't exactly anything anyone should follow suit on. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Who picked him isn’t really relevant, it’s that he was worth that high of a pick. 

I just view TE's like most people view RB's. There is rarely one picked that high who turn out to be worth it, but there are usually ones drafted later who do better.

And yes it kind of does matter who picks someone. Bad GM's and talent evaluators draft players out of order plenty of times.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I just view TE's like most people view RB's. There is rarely one picked that high who turn out to be worth it, but there are usually ones drafted later who do better.

And yes it kind of does matter who picks someone. Bad GM's and talent evaluators draft players out of order plenty of times.

Pitts is not only an elite TE prospect, he’s an elite receiving prospect in general. He’s the highest graded (95.9) college pass catcher in the PFF era (since 2014). Kid is a special, special talent. And if he drops because of an outdated way of thinking about the position I’m sure a lot of GM’s are going to regret passing on him.  

Archived