Star Wars - We're ALL Being Tortured For No Reason

Relic

This inquistor bit is a perfect summation of the real dark side in Star Wars - the hunger for over-explanation and how often that unnecessary retcon makes elements of the movies/shows seem stupid.

Inquistors are a cool, evil thing in the SWU. Great! But wait, if we are to assume Inquistors are a useful (which is a stretch given their performance in 'Rebels') asset for the Empire and have more would be better, why have Anakin kill all the yout? So many inquisitors lost, like tears in the rain...

12 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Is that really a spoiler? Pretty sure that info is over a year old.

Yeah anything from Rebels is more than a year old. But not everyone has seen it, and some people are watching it now because of the connections to The Mandalorian. I ruined part of the ending for someone in one of the mandalorian threads by not thinking to spoiler something.  

Good news - with the report that the Obiwan series is filming next month in Boston, we may finally know how the Star Wars Bostonians, as seen portrayed by Bill Burr in the Mando, came to enter the canon.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/12/03/star-wars-kenobi-filming-boston-london/

1 hour ago, Vaughn said:

Obiwan - 'He was the chosen one, he was my brother!'

Robin Williams - 'It's not your fault.'

"When I tell you to dump a body in the maahsh..."

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Yeah anything from Rebels is more than a year old. But not everyone has seen it, and some people are watching it now because of the connections to The Mandalorian. I ruined part of the ending for someone in one of the mandalorian threads by not thinking to spoiler something.  

I put an Empire reference in a spoiler quote in the last thread but I thought I was just being cute. At some point you have to cut it off.

Every time I see the title of this thread I laugh.

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I put an Empire reference in a spoiler quote in the last thread but I thought I was just being cute. At some point you have to cut it off.

Sure, but there's a difference between a forty year old movie and a show that wrapped up two years ago that I know someone in the thread is watching because they complained once already. It's not like it takes much time of effort to use the tags. 

Given this some more thought to Boston inspired Star Wars and while I like Lando, I would have loved if they'd used the ending from 'the Departed' for 'Empire'.

Lando saunters into his penthouse apartment in Cloud City, hangs up his cape and then suddenly sees Chewie, wearing gloves and booties, holding a bowcaster with a silencer. [2000 Light Years from Home starts playing over the credits]

59 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

then suddenly sees Chewie, wearing gloves and booties, holding a bowcaster with a silencer.

I don't think Chewie would be worried about leaving trace evidence for Star Wars CSI.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Hey now, I haven't applied to law school, so @Fragile Bird hasn't won yet.

Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy. That's Heir to the Empire, followed by Dark Force Rising and wrapping up with The Last Command.

This is widely known as the crown jewel of the old EU. It's a lot of fun. But go into it knowing what this is. It's a Star Wars. It's gonna be fun for the whole family, we aren't here to read Frank Herbert's DUNE. This series features art loving Grand Admirals, political scheme hatchery, Mara Jade, and more fun adventures with the gang. It expands the universe in ways that are exciting and fun. I recommend.

11 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy. That's Heir to the Empire, followed by Dark Force Rising and wrapping up with The Last Command.

This is widely known as the crown jewel of the old EU. It's a lot of fun. But go into it knowing what this is. It's a Star Wars. It's gonna be fun for the whole family, we aren't here to read Frank Herbert's DUNE. This series features art loving Grand Admirals, political scheme hatchery, Mara Jade, and more fun adventures with the gang. It expands the universe in ways that are exciting and fun. I recommend.

I was thinking more about how to justify my Disney+ account, but I appreciate the book suggestions.

Archived