It's a brand new dating thread

mcbigski

37 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

DO NOT MARRY ECON GUY

Domestic violence is inevitable with that.

I mean, I wouldn't take it that far, but if DP does marry Econ Guy I will be driven to realize my life long goal of bringing dinosaurs back from extinction, and after they escape because of my shoddy work, that's on you guys, not me. I accept zero blame if this all plays out.

Say what you will of Econ Guy, I don't think he's actually capable of domestic violence. He'll just stonewall and disappear when he's angry and then send an over dramatic but also stiltedly formal 1200-word long text message about how that all wasn't OK but also didn't happen. Then again, what do I know? I really don't know this person except that he really likes Econ and maybe croissants.

I'm just working peripherally with a few of the same people, so he comes up once in a while. Someone mentioned him in passing and I had a full blown nightmare that consisted entirely of this nice kid cc'ing us on an email. I woke up in a cold sweat at 5 and had to scroll through my phone until I was convinced this had not happened. 

Also I solved the iteration problem, so whatever.

59 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Seriously, if DP does marry Econ Guy, I’m just going to give up.

I mean, I did finally get Mr Palm Beach to almost get there (not marriage, in…ah, you know, full enjoyment of….things) while I was hiding out incognito in the suburbs and he was enjoying a scenic drive back from Virginia. 

So, apparently, the consultations with the psych doc (“get me off this Prozac sh1t”) and the urologist (“doc, I neeeeed help”) were successful.

I love "incognito in the suburbs" for this shenanigan for some reason.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Update on the Creepy Guy From The Internet!

We met for the second time. It was nice. And funny too. :) Mentions of "next time" were made again.

Maybe it's time to drop the "creepy guy" qualifier. ;)

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Maybe it's time to drop the "creepy guy" qualifier. ;)

You are right. He needs a new description now. There doesn't seem anything in the least creepy about him.

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pick the name of one of the four TMNTs. That should suffice for now.

But it should correspond to whichever is closest to his personality.  For a refresher,

Leonardo - Type A, leader

Raphael - Rebellious, independent

Michelangelo - Laid back, fun loving

Donatello - Nerdy, dry sense of humor

12 days now since I last heard from vet girl. And three days since I followed up with a second message to see whether she's still alive.

To be honest, if I wasn't waiting for a life sign I would have deleted my Bumble account quite a while ago during my latest realization that I'm definitely not a dude who should even attempt this dating nonsense because of his incompatibility with people. The almighty algorithm at least seems to have already put me into the "Absolutely hopeless" category, otherwise I can't explain how with in my opinion significantly better photos I don't even get a single immediately expiring like. Nothing. As if I'm invisible.

Hey fellas, had an (both actually) eye on this thread series for a long time and have gone from envy to despair to smug about single status to wondering if whether I am asexual or impotent to blaming my boys only residential boarding school education with practically zero interaction with opposite gender to finally embracing existentialism and transcendentalism. 

Spoiler

Or the fact that I'm 17 next Sunday might have something to do with my testosterone fuelled ramblings :D

Whatever. I was about to ask whether there are any stoopid laws (intl. & otherwise) about minors discussing mental illnesses/psychological disorders called love and primitive impulses to procreate 

3 hours ago, The_Lone_Wolf said:

Hey fellas, had an (both actually) eye on this thread series for a long time and have gone from envy to despair to smug about single status to wondering if whether I am asexual or impotent to blaming my boys only residential boarding school education with practically zero interaction with opposite gender to finally embracing existentialism and transcendentalism. 

Reveal hidden contents

Or the fact that I'm 17 next Sunday might have something to do with my testosterone fuelled ramblings :D

Whatever. I was about to ask whether there are any stoopid laws (intl. & otherwise) about minors discussing mental illnesses/psychological disorders called love and primitive impulses to procreate 

For someone of your age, I have to consider you depressingly normal. Seriously, on the internet nobody knows if your age is counted in dog years or not. 

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

But it should correspond to whichever is closest to his personality.  For a refresher,

Leonardo - Type A, leader

Raphael - Rebellious, independent

Michelangelo - Laid back, fun loving

Donatello - Nerdy, dry sense of humor

I cannot say I know him that well yet, but for the time being, lets say ... Donatangelo? Maybe with a touch of the others. These chatacteristics are very generalised. Most people are probably a combination of those.

I was in the city for another reason and he spontaneously invited me just for a short meetup. So we met up just to grab something to eat and to have a short walk. I was not planning on that, so I probably didn't look my best - same shirt as yesterday, no makeup, didn't manage to freshen up with a shower after work and before meeting him. If he still wants to meet me after that, he is either very bored, OR very desperate for company, OR seriously into me so soon.

17 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

OR you are a great person and he just likes you :)

Ah, I hardly believe that. One cannot know somebody after such a short time together enough to develop any special liking!

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, I hardly believe that. One cannot know somebody after such a short time together enough to develop any special liking!

Don't be so sure. You could be the one he has been searching for for years. Trust me. It happens. 

Archived