LØkI, a TVA/Disney+ series [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

22 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

So far the possibility of the multiverse has gone thusly:

Oh my God! Multive.... oh wait it’s just Mysterio lying.

Oh my God! Multive.... oh wait it’s just a boner joke.

So I’m waiting till it’s official personally. Also it never occurred to me that What If? would actually tie in in-universe to the MCU? I assumed it was just a fun side show, not that it would actually ‘exist’ in some way. But certainly could do, it’d be interesting.

I could see the spider-man stuff not panning out. I think only Foxx and Molina have admitted they're in the movie and it's possible it's a JJJ situation where they just want to re-use the actor. 

But Doctor Strange 2 is called The Multiverse of Madness so I'm pretty sure they're going that way.

Edit: I think What If...? is about one of The Watchers watching these different timelines and then bringing some of the characters together for a crossover event. I might be wrong though I forget where I read that. 

There seem to be enough multiverse shenanigans in previous movie canon that this series will end with a major shake-up. My current hypothesis is that the TVA as we see them right now will collapse, setting up the Multiverse as it stands. A bit confusing with the other dimensions like the Quantum realm and the Mirror dimension in Doctor Strange, but I'll roll with whatever.

If I never saw another time travel anything, I'd be happy. Though there have been some really great movies based on it, invariably any kind of plot analysis sets up more and more "But wait, what about...?" than joy for me. In a limited movie, it can be a delight - Looper, 12 Monkeys, obviously the BTTF trilogy. I thought Endgame jumped the shark with its time travel hijinx, basically trusting Cap to save the entire universe by replacing the stones - some of which seem to be impossible quests. Heck, this forum had pages and pages of really smart, passionate fans who could never come to a consensus about Stark rules vs The Ancient One rules and all that jazz. 

I'm going to enjoy the heck out of Hiddleston, by all means, and I really liked the visual pastiche of the TVA offices and machinery. I hope we have some great character actors in one-off roles. Heck, maybe they'll manage to maneuver there way through uniting the various ideas from other films that muddle the alternative universe explanations. Like WandaVision's lackluster third act, I expect a whole bunch of scrunched foreheads and confused fans. But as much as I didn't enjoy that show nearly as much as most people here, perhaps this one will similarly keep me invested through great acting and top-notch visuals to gloss over baffling plot holes.

You could smell the cologne of two Tony Starks. :lol:

Enjoyable first episode. Didn't mind that it was all setup.

I wonder how aware the TVA are of their own timeline. Mobius says time works differently there, so they can't see their own futures? It seems they're setting up the TVA for fail. It doesn't help that the hunter's uniforms scream dystopia, surely deliberate.

Not too keen on more time loop shenanigans but will keep watching for Hiddleston and Wilson. For me 12 Monkeys the TV series handled convoluted time travel in the least convoluted way - enough to enjoy the story anyway.    

Enjoyed the first ep. Wilson was great as Mobius, though I did keep getting very strong Umbrella Academy vibes and half-waiting for the Handler or Hazel to show up. 

Tom Hiddleston is looking quite a bit older these days, and the make-up and lightning don't seem to be trying to conceal it very hard. Made me wonder if that's going to end up being some sort of twist in ep. six. 

57 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I was checking out the drawer of infinity stones again.  Was there a soul stone in the drawer?  If not... an interesting exception.

There was a big orange stone, which I assumed it was a soul stone. But most seemed to be space and time stones, and maybe power stones.

1 hour ago, Corvinus85 said:

There was a big orange stone, which I assumed it was a soul stone. But most seemed to be space and time stones, and maybe power stones.

There was a big yellow stone.  That’s the mind stone.  I didn’t see any orange stones.  There were lots of red (reality) stones.

The linked article has an image.  No orange stones:

https://www.insider.com/loki-infinity-stones-paper-weights-hidden-meaning-time-variance-authority-2021-6

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

There was a big yellow stone.  That’s the mind stone.  I didn’t see any orange stones.  There were lots of red (reality) stones.

The linked article has an image.  No orange stones:

https://www.insider.com/loki-infinity-stones-paper-weights-hidden-meaning-time-variance-authority-2021-6

That is orange to me all day.

They did ask Loki if he had "what many cultures call a soul" I wonder if that's relevant to the lack of soul stones. Wasn't there something in Endgame to the effect of "ghostly red skull told us there's no way to get natasha back even though we have time travel?" 

They also asked if he was a robot. "are there people who don't know they're robots?" was I'm pretty sure setup for something coming down the line. But to even say what it's a spoiler for would be a spoiler:

If you believe the guy who saw a test screening, The Eternals are essentially robots built by the celestials to protect the giant celestial egg that is Earth. 

4 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

That is orange to me all day.

Agreed, clearly looks orange and like the soul stone to me.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Wasn't there something in Endgame to the effect of "ghostly red skull told us there's no way to get natasha back even though we have time travel?"

Sounds like you're referring to Barton saying "it can't be undone, or at least that's what the red floating guy said" in response to Thor saying they could get Nat back now that they had the stones.

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agreed, clearly looks orange and like the soul stone to me.

Sounds like you're referring to Barton saying "it can't be undone, or at least that's what the red floating guy said" in response to Thor saying they could get Nat back now that they had the stones.

Right, they didn't get into specifics but the implication was that even with the time stone or more pym particles they could not bring her back for some  reason. 

I wonder, what happens if you show up on Vormir looking for the soul stone and didn't happen to bring your most treasured loved one. You've gotta sacrifice them AND make two trips? Ugh. 

24 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Right, they didn't get into specifics but the implication was that even with the time stone or more pym particles they could not bring her back for some  reason. 

Yeah the way I've always looked at that is they were referring to bringing her back when they did the snap.  That's consistent with Banner telling Rogers that he really tried to bring Nat back when he had the gauntlet.

26 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I wonder, what happens if you show up on Vormir looking for the soul stone and didn't happen to bring your most treasured loved one. You've gotta sacrifice them AND make two trips? Ugh. 

Also quite convenient that both Thanos and Barton brought their most treasured loved one considering neither had any idea they had to.

4 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah the way I've always looked at that is they were referring to bringing her back when they did the snap.  That's consistent with Banner telling Rogers that he really tried to bring Nat back when he had the gauntlet.

Also quite convenient that both Thanos and Barton brought their most treasured loved one considering neither had any idea they had to.

It’s not “your most treasured loved one” but “something truely loved”.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It’s not “your most treasured loved one” but “something truely loved”.

Fair enough.  But in both Thanos and Barton's case, it was their most treasured love.  Well, for Barton that's cuz his entire family disappeared, but still.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Fair enough.  But in both Thanos and Barton's case, it was their most treasured love.  Well, for Barton that's cuz his entire family disappeared, but still.

I was going to say she’s his best friend but I think his family would have to rank above her... but then love is not so easily catagorized.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I think his family would have to rank above her

I would assume so too.  But, ya know, they were dead at the time.  I mean maybe he has a mom or sister or something I guess.

Archived