Semifinal: Italy vs Spain

1 minute ago, Leap said:

Yeah, you can feel the sparks is there with Insigne, Chiesa and Emerson all pushing up, but the link-up from midfield just isn't there at the moment, and I think it's largely because that's where Spain are strongest. Italy are having to play long balls to get from their defence to the front and they keep overplaying them. 

I suspect that the long balls are part of the plan. Italy didn’t look good but it would only take one direct move with some Insigne ( I’ve loved watching him this tournament) magic and it could be game over. Italy appear to have nullified Spain so far.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

He's on the bench, so tactical.

Hmm, yeah wondered why, he also came off early last match. Would have thought his hold up play and strength might be useful, but maybe the plan is to exploit Italy’s aging back line?

Just now, Heartofice said:

Hmm, yeah wondered why, he also came off early last match. Would have thought his hold up play and strength might be useful, but maybe the plan is to exploit Italy’s aging back line?

Maybe Enrique thinks that Bonucci and Chiellini would pocket Morata so he's gone with something different in Olmo, Oyarzabal and Ferran Torres rotating in that false 9 position.

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

What does Thiago have to do to get on the pitch. Rodri on for Koke. Really?

You’d think it’d be either Thiago or Llorente. A bit of a strange sub, I suppose Italy are making some chances on the counter.

The Italy assistant coach with the glasses is the most Italian looking man ever.

Archived