NFL Offseason 2022 - The Slog of Slogs!

aceluby

Pretty funny that Derek Carr is like the 12th-14th best quarterback in the league and unquestionably the worst quarterback in the division.  The AFC West is gonna be a nightmare. 

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Pretty funny that Derek Carr is like the 12th-14th best quarterback in the league and unquestionably the worst quarterback in the division.  The AFC West is gonna be a nightmare. 

Is he though? Didn't Wilson kinda blow chunks last season? I kinda feel like he did. 

10 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Is he though? Didn't Wilson kinda blow chunks last season? I kinda feel like he did. 

I've never been a Wilson fan, but at least part of that was the thumb injury and surgery last year.

28 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

Carr probably had a better season, true.  Don't think many would say he's better than Wilson though.

Yes, Wilson sucked for most of last year because he was hurt.  It's possible that the Seahawks know that Wilson will never be the same and just made an absolute killing selling damaged goods at a premium price.  But it feels a lot more likely that Wilson will be back to something near his old self.  Maybe his game doesn't age as well as pocket guys like Rodgers or Brady, but he's only 33, and he's not like Cam Newton where running is his only elite skill.  I fully expect that Wilson has at least a couple years of top 5 play and maybe more than that. 

Leaguewide, the qb disparity between the NFC and the AFC is just growing wider and wider.  The AFC has Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Burrow, Herbert and Jackson.  NFC has Rodgers. 

Wilson is better than Carr, but the gap is a lot smaller than it would have been two years ago. He doesn't move like he used to and has been getting hit a lot. 

This is good news for you Niners fans. The price on Jimmy probably jumped a bit. 

I wonder what Love goes for now. He can't stay in GB after this. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wilson is better than Carr, but the gap is a lot smaller than it would have been two years ago. He doesn't move like he used to and has been getting hit a lot. 

This is good news for you Niners fans. The price on Jimmy probably jumped a bit. 

I wonder what Love goes for now. He can't stay in GB after this. 

They'll sell him for a can of warm tuna fish.

Just saw this headline on Niners Nation and had to laugh at the shade:

The Packers guaranteed Aaron Rodgers $153 million to lose to the 49ers in the playoffs again

:lmao: 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

They'll sell him for a can of warm tuna fish.

Kind of amazing he was the only offense player they picked in the first round for a decade, they had to trade up to get him and he'll ultimately contribute nothing to the team while being sold off for pennies on the dollar.

I mean, if all the Packers can get for Love is "pennies," then I don't see a reason to trade him.  He's still a good backup quarterback and it's not like Rodgers is invincible.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I mean, if all the Packers can get for Love is "pennies," then I don't see a reason to trade him.  He's still a good backup quarterback and it's not like Rodgers is invincible.

The idea to trade him now is because his value will only continue to go down if he doesn't play (and maybe likewise if he does). He didn't exactly announce himself in his limited play, yet a weak QB market could raise his value. Rebuilding teams may be more interested in him than the bridge QBs that will be on the market. 

6 minutes ago, Kalibuster said:

BOLD STRATEGY COTTON LET'S SEE IF IT PAYS OFF

Damn, well at least they're going all in on the tanking.  Really gotta wonder if Carroll is retiring/quitting.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

The idea to trade him now is because his value will only continue to go down if he doesn't play (and maybe likewise if he does).

Thanks.  I'm saying if all they're gonna get for him is like a fifth rounder then I'd just keep him.  It's not like he's expensive for a backup QB.  Moreover, given the demand for QBs right now I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a Day 2 pick for him.  People are talking about Mitch Trubisky getting 8 figures.

18 minutes ago, DMC said:

Thanks.  I'm saying if all they're gonna get for him is like a fifth rounder then I'd just keep him.  It's not like he's expensive for a backup QB.  Moreover, given the demand for QBs right now I wouldn't be surprised if they do get a Day 2 pick for him.

But is he any good? I'm not sure you want a developmental QB who is showing little progress as your backup when it's Superb Owl or bust for the Packers.

As to what his value might be, I think it would again be one of these deals that could end up ranging anywhere from a 4th to the value of a late first depending on his performance. However, Wentz's deal could scare people off from really allowing the high end return from actually happening.

People are talking about Mitch Trubisky getting 8 figures.

He's in that range of below average to poor starter, but nice back up. If that's where the QB market has gone than may God have mercy on us all. Unless of course it turns out to work and then whatever idiot clown I blast for doing this will of course be a complete genius.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

But is he any good? I'm not sure you want a developmental QB who is showing little progress as your backup when it's Superb Owl or bust for the Packers.

I dunno but he's certainly cheaper than anyone else on the market that would possibly be better.

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

I dunno but he's certainly cheaper than anyone else on the market that would possibly be better.

It's a gamble. He can maybe spot a game or two (and probably be the underdog in both), but the Packers have real problems if Rodgers has to miss 4-6 weeks. 

Going back to the previous convo, it's very clear Rodgers prioritized money over another championship. Frankly I'm still baffled that the Packers can make this all work given they sounded like they were in a rough cap situation at the end of the year.

So the NFC west which just a couple years ago had Wilson SB winner, Goff SB participant, Garrapalo everyones favorite, and a happy productive Murray. Now they have Lock in Seattle, IDK who in SF, an angry with his team Murray in Arizona and the winner in all of this, the defending SB winner Stafford! Man how quickly things change, Stafford is now the top dog in his conference.

Just now, PyroclasticFlow said:

Just heard on radio Wentz traded to Washington, no info on the details of trade and nothing online yet 

Got the pop up on my phone and came to say the same.  I'd say its clearing the path for Jimmy G to Indy.  I think that would be a good landing spot for him.

Archived