Cyberpunk 2078

Werthead

Not sure if you're just talking about a couple of characters in PL with the "balking at killing" bit, I don't remember others in the rest of the game, but I think V's reaction there is mainly about it being an execution rather than a fight combined with

Spoiler

If this is how Reed cleans up loose ends then there's a high risk Reed will also see V as a loose end.

They might be highly proficient in what they do and criminals, but they're not combatants as such so they're not in the "game" in quite the same way.

I think you can go through the entire game without killing anyone as well, in which case that V is going to quite extreme lengths to avoid killing people. I can't bring myself to let scavs live though so that isn't my V lol.

3 hours ago, karaddin said:

Not sure if you're just talking about a couple of characters in PL with the "balking at killing" bit, I don't remember others in the rest of the game, but I think V's reaction there is mainly about it being an execution rather than a fight combined with

Hide contents

If this is how Reed cleans up loose ends then there's a high risk Reed will also see V as a loose end.

They might be highly proficient in what they do and criminals, but they're not combatants as such so they're not in the "game" in quite the same way.

I think you can go through the entire game without killing anyone as well, in which case that V is going to quite extreme lengths to avoid killing people. I can't bring myself to let scavs live though so that isn't my V lol.

The twins are one example, and a lot of times like when people want revenge on someone and hire V, we have the option to constantly question whether killing is the only option (like Claire’s quest, the cyber psycho who killed 7 people, deciding to spare the scammer on jig jig street, etc)

I mean if you role play as a V who thinks of killing only as the final resort and will also try to spare people if presented the choice like I do, then the hordes of scavs you gotta kill in most missions is definitely a contradiction. 

But like I said, this is an issue which plagues almost all games, so I’m not complaining too much about it.

Regarding PL end quest if you side with reed, I did not expect this game to suddenly turn into Alien Isolation ! Lots more content if you go with this path versus the other one which I also did just to get more content (will be sticking with Pentacles for my remaining play)

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

But you can do all of them non lethally. Might be harder than it used to be tbf, but stealth take downs and quick hacks are still pretty accessible. You used to just be able to put a mod in your kyroshi's and it converted all weapons to non lethal lol. Not sure if it's doable just with blunt weapons/fists or not as overkill hits might still kill them.

2 minutes ago, karaddin said:

But you can do all of them non lethally. Might be harder than it used to be tbf, but stealth take downs and quick hacks are still pretty accessible. You used to just be able to put a mod in your kyroshi's and it converted all weapons to non lethal lol. Not sure if it's doable just with blunt weapons/fists or not as overkill hits might still kill them.

Yeah I’m not saying you can’t do it non lethally, I’m saying I don’t have sufficient motivation to seeing as it dosent incentivise it in game other than that one side quest in PL where the dude checks if his guys are still alive and some gigs where you get paid more for no detection. I wish the game would recognise and reward you more for it, the system itself works really well and is certainly doable 

It definitely has the same issue deus ex has, where stealth is simply not as efficient and it's almost always better to just kill every thing and THEN explore the area to your hearts content, including the stealthy spots. It would be cool if doing stealth or nonlethal changed the world the way dishonored did - or made some characters or some npcs be friendly, and others be hostile. 

But yeah, you can just use quickhacks and pacifist and basically kill no one and do so pretty easily. 

20 hours ago, karaddin said:

Hide contents

I was very pleased with my original run, in which I barely killed anyone. Like, Adam Smasher and maybe five other people in the whole game.

Then I found out that "putting unconscious bodies in compartments kills them," in which case I realised no, I had literally murdered my entire way through Night City. PL added extra confirmation that hiding a body would kill the person.

Although that in itself was bullshit: okay, putting an unconscious body in a sealed fridge unit will kill them, fair enough. But in a dumpster? An ordinary wooden cupboard? A car trunk? What, are all car trunks in 2077 vacuum-sealed against letting air in?

Just now, Werthead said:

Although that in itself was bullshit: okay, putting an unconscious body in a sealed fridge unit will kill them, fair enough. But in a dumpster? An ordinary wooden cupboard? A car trunk? What, are all car trunks in 2077 vacuum-sealed against letting air in?

Ralph Nader was killed early in the Cyberpunk universe

1 hour ago, Ran said:

I do wonder why dumping bodies has to be lethal. Has CDPR ever explained that?

I do wonder if it's a reaction to the perception that knocking people out and hiding bodies was far too easy in the Deus Ex games. You could even knock people out and take their bodies halfway along the air vents and just leave them there, and nobody would ever find them. CP77 feels consciously like a rejection of the way DE did things (specifically the near total absence of any bizarrely human-sized vents at all). Not being able to use the containers any more means having to leave people propped up and out of sight and out of the way of any patrol routes (although if you're 100% knocking out everyone in  an area, that's not a problem; in fact you might prop up a body where it can be seen to lure someone else over).

I realised well before 2.0 courtesy of that gig for Dakota at the Militech base in the badlands. Dropped someone into a crate and the optional objective immediately failed. Then had issues with not moving one of them far enough from a turret before I yanked the gun off for athletics xp and they'd die in the ensuing explosion lol.

The stealth quick hacks have some much more versatile interactions now to help you get through places, if you hit someone with sonic shock before request backup it makes them leave to backup someone else - which was great for doing the ghost style play through where no one even knows you were ever there for a bunch of the gigs. 

I tend to role play V as going above and beyond to deliver what the fixer wants even when they didn't ask for it, so things like bugging the shrine for Wakako it isn't good enough to not get into combat because the unconscious/dead gonks warn them that someone has been there, instead it's in and out without a sound. That can go the other way as well, when you go to pick up the key opening device for Wakako and the Tygers tried to outbid her then killed the maker - everyone in that bar gets zeroed. Wakako doesn't put up with that shit.

Sometimes there's explicit acknowledgement when you manage to do this right even when the quest didn't tell you to. The hardest to do this for is one of the Rogue gigs to kill the boss of a company that's been doing union busting. The optimal outcome that she praises you for is to kill all the guards without touching any of the "workers" despite them both being yellow and turning hostile, and to knock out the target and deliver him to be made an example of. Just killing or capturing him and nothing else is only moderately successful in her eyes. 

Finished the Tower ending just to see the content, but my canonical ending will still be later on (not gonna throw Johnny under a bridge !) and so I’ve reloaded and refused the FIAs offers,which probably means I should’ve sided with Songbird, ah well…. Can’t save everyone.Gonna now focus on clearing every single gig before I meet Hanako to continue the main quest, finished all the other side quests. Really hope at least one of the other endings turn out happier, cause this one was shitty. 

I think I missed out one quest called Rollercoaster Love because it’s not triggering at the place it should but other than got everything else I think. Sandra dorsett still not triggered but I’ve heard doing Reginas gigs should trigger it eventually. I barely did any gigs other than the PL ones because they’re all kinda basic and repetitive,despite the interesting lore.

I’ve gotta say the ratio of main to side quests is much more skewed in this game than in Witcher 3, I’m at the final mission with Hanako but I’ve still barely scratched the surface with the gigs. Especially Regina’s,she has like 23 of them ! Narratively that creates an urgency to finish the main quest rather than do all the side gigs.

Loved that mission on who gets to run Dogtown, almost like a dark comedy with that Cuban assassin lol. Also Kerry should’ve been introduced in Act 2 like the other romances, since he is also a potential romance cause his entry and development towards the end of Act 3 feels way to rushed for such an important character to V, even though his quests themselves are a lot of fun. 

6 hours ago, Ran said:

You can get an iguana too, at least if you were a nomad. Not sure if it's available to the rest. The cat and iguana become buddies.

Truly emergent gameplay!

I finally finished the game, the final boss fight got ruined for me because the game crashed 3 times when i tried to do in hard mode,i finally got fed up and did it in easy so i could kill the person in 10 seconds before the crash got triggered again. It always crashed about 5 minutes into the fight. 

Got the Star ending with V and Panam(my chosen love interest)....i really loved this game after spending 150 hours in it in all, but why does it only have shit endings? Even the PL one sucked. Gonna replay the final part to get the other endings now, but i think in my headcanon this is how V ends. 

The witcher 3 had waay happier endings (except for one)