Jump to content

Do you think Wyman Manderly will survive the next books? Do you think he'll survive the series?


Floki of the Ironborn
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm honestly not sure about this. On the one hand, he completed his big vengeance against House Frey, and for all we know, he was behind Little Walder's death too. 

But on the other hand, he'll have a big role to play if Davos brings him Rickon. How many other people even know about Davos' mission if Wyman dies? I don't imagine that Wylis is in any mental shape to take on a big conspiracy, so I guess it has to be Robett Glover, and we have no idea where he is (unless he's the Hooded Man, anyway). 

I imagine that there'd still be plenty of story for Wyman, so he might survive the next book. But I don't think he'll make it to the end of the last book. He's too old and unfit to survive the next Long Night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wyman Manderly's fate is foreshadowed by the tale of the Rat King; by his supposed connection to merfolk; by squisher legends; by Biter, and by the fact that GRRM is a Lovecraft fan.  Wyman is now cursed by the gods and will become a monster.

Edited by Gilbert Green
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that he's going to survive for some time. There has to be a rendez-vous between him and Davos and Rickon, and also with Stannis during or after the Battle of Ice. There are also the issues of the Northern fleet and of the Hornwood lands.

As @Floki of the Ironborn said it's unlikely that Willys is ready to succeed him and take over in the Northern plot yet, after having been in captivity for so long. He needs some time to adjust. 

Edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d love for him to survive longer but I think he expected to die at Winterfell. He seems to have set all of his plans in motion and I think whether his heir is ready to take over or not, he has given his orders and left his expectations for the northern fleet. Rickon if found, troops, etc in hopefully capable hands. 
I can’t say whether he actually feels Stannis is the best chance at revenge against Roose and will throw in with him or if he will throw in with Jon or someone else who ends up retaking Winterfell if Rickon brought back, but we know Wyman has a lot of things in the works right now and they’ll go to someone opposing Roose

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I expect that he will die. His potential revenge on the Freys with the pies, while satisfying from a certain point of view, cannot ultimately be viewed as a positive act in my opinion. I think characters' desire for revenge rather than justice will not end well for anyone involved.

To be fair, justice and revenge don’t ever work out for anyone in this series.

And I don’t think Manderly will die yet. He was definitely courting death at Winterfell by goading his enemies. Probably because he already has word of davos or Maege or whoever. But yeah, it seems obvious that he’s about to die, so I think he’ll pull through to the end of the series. Whoever rules the North will need a couple of loyal vassals.

Edited by Canon Claude
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

They don't. So that's why I don't think he will make it through the series alive.

I don't think he will die ASAP, but I don't think he will survive until the end.

More often than not, it seems like the villains in this series kill each other. We hardly ever see a person with honor kill a villain in these books; Dany's plot in the third novel is the closest I can think of.

Edited by sifth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, Gilbert Green said:

Wyman Manderly's fate is foreshadowed by the tale of the Rat King; by his supposed connection to merfolk; by squisher legends; by Biter, and by the fact that GRRM is a Lovecraft fan.  Wyman is now cursed by the gods and will become a monster.

Personally, I don't think Wyman is going to get up from the floor of Winterfell's great hall. It will be up to his son to carry on his father's work and after his time in Harrenhall and a diet of 'too much roast goat' it will be him that becomes the monster in his father's place. I think team Stark is going to rely on Wilys and find out through some calamity that he's no longer the man that went south.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

 

Personally, I don't think Wyman is going to get up from the floor of Winterfell's great hall. It will be up to his son to carry on his father's work and after his time in Harrenhall and a diet of 'too much roast goat' it will be him that becomes the monster in his father's place. I think team Stark is going to rely on Wilys and find out through some calamity that he's no longer the man that went south.

Wyman will eat both his sons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, KingEuronGreyjoy said:

I think he’ll survive at least until Rickon is back. I have a hunch he’ll be initially save from his neck wound but it’ll become infected and he’ll die from that.

There will be odd changes to his neck, that will be mistaken, at first, for symptoms of infection.  But they will actually be gills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I expect that he will die. His potential revenge on the Freys with the pies, while satisfying from a certain point of view, cannot ultimately be viewed as a positive act in my opinion. I think characters' desire for revenge rather than justice will not end well for anyone involved.

How is this not at least partial justice for the Starks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...