2023 College Football

DireWolfSpirit

7 hours ago, dbunting said:

In a just world you wouldn't have a hot take on 1/4 of one season and forget just how bad the PAC has been for a decade and suggest they do exactly what they did, raided one to make a super conference, the B1G. Imagine if the merge was this year and you had USC, Oregon, OSU, PSU, Michigan, Washington, all undefeated still and  Iowa, Wisconsin, Rutgers(lol) and UCLA all at 3-1.  Sounds super to me.   

Sparty is welcome to defect to the PAC 2 if they would take you! Go Blue!

Easy there cowboy.    

Just some light hearted banter. You're right early in the season blah blah blah.  Still think Big Tenn blows and has for a few years now.  Just thought it was kinda cool that the PAC 12 was doing well in their swan song season.  Wish the Big ten was better at winning national champions in football and basketball than they were at decimating other conferences for money.

Go blue huh? CMU grad or Eastern?  Or perhaps Macomb CC?

1 hour ago, Freshwater Spartan said:

Easy there cowboy.    

Just some light hearted banter. You're right early in the season blah blah blah.  Still think Big Tenn blows and has for a few years now.  Just thought it was kinda cool that the PAC 12 was doing well in their swan song season.  Wish the Big ten was better at winning national champions in football and basketball than they were at decimating other conferences for money.

Go blue huh? CMU grad or Eastern?  Or perhaps Macomb CC?

adjhskdjfhas  wAlMaRt wOlvErIneS  hehehehehe..  burn a couch Sparty!

But yes, some national championships are needed but preferably not by that team in ohio. 

47 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I took Florida. So apparently the realization hasn’t hit the northeast yet.

We have to assume since @Rhom hasn't posted yet that he and his wife are making love with all the windows closed, the temperature turned up to 82 degrees. His young Badger son has walked in, his wife fighting him because she doesn't like it, but Rhom is yelling out "Let the boy watch!" 

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

We have to assume since @Rhom hasn't posted yet that he and his wife are making love with all the windows closed, the temperature turned up to 82 degrees. His young Badger son has walked in, his wife fighting him because she doesn't like it, but Rhom is yelling out "Let the boy watch!" 

He’s gotta learn somehow.

Miami with one of the most satisfying chokes I’ve seen in a while. Holy shit!

ETA: Ok, I’m recapping this shit because it’s seriously unbelievable.

Miami had a 3rd and 10 on Tech’s 30, up 3 with like 34 seconds left and G. tech had no timeouts. Instead of kneeling the ball they decided to do a running play. Of course the dude fumbles and Tech recovers. On further review the hb’s elbow was DEFINITELY down but they don’t overturn the call. 

No bid deal. Tech’s anemic offense can’t do shit. They have 26 seconds and need to go 75 yards. 2 crazy bombs later(seriously watch them)and Miami choked away a game like I’ve never seen. Amazing. Cristobal should resign just from that absurd decision to not take a knee. Jesus

Edited by Ramsay B.

42 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Miami with one of the most satisfying chokes I’ve seen in a while. Holy shit!

ETA: Ok, I’m recapping this shit because it’s seriously unbelievable.

Miami had a 3rd and 10 on Tech’s 30, up 3 with like 34 seconds left and G. tech had no timeouts. Instead of kneeling the ball they decided to do a running play. Of course the dude fumbles and Tech recovers. On further review the hb’s elbow was DEFINITELY down but they don’t overturn the call. 

No bid deal. Tech’s anemic offense can’t do shit. They have 26 seconds and need to go 75 yards. 2 crazy bombs later(seriously watch them)and Miami choked away a game like I’ve never seen. Amazing. Cristobal should resign just from that absurd decision to not take a knee. Jesus

Had to go watch the clip of this. What the actual fuck?!?!?!?!? You can't fire a coach for cause for that, but you should be able to. JH, not even JV, coaches couldn't fuck shit up that badly.

That's the height of comedy. 

College Football is booming, after all the hand wringing, thanks to NIL and the transfer portal

Earlier this week, Michael Mulvihill, president of insights and analytics at Fox Corp., tweeted an eyebrow-raising nugget as pertains to interest in college football.

Total viewing of college football is up 12 percent this season and up 28 percent over the past five years, he tweeted, adding, “among well-established major properties, I don’t know what in all of TV is trending any better than CFB.”

Some might chalk up that trend to the rise of legalized sports gambling, but even sports TV’s crown jewel, the NFL, has seen a more modest 7 percent increase over the past five years, per Nielsen data.

College football is uniquely booming right now, and though there’s no singular reason why, I can think of two: the transfer portal and NIL.

That's an interesting stat.  I think for the average sports fan, seeing the biggest names getting bigger and more attention probably does drive viewership.  But college football has always been regional and those local rivalries mattered.  To lose those amongst the stampede is sad to me.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Holy cow!  I went to bed at halftime of the Colorado/Stanford game.  Just now saw the comeback score!

Yeah, that was shocking to just read. I flipped the game off at halftime. What a disaster. 

7 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Notre Dame winning both sides on the line.

ND up 17-3 on the Trojans with 4:00 left in the 1st half.

Caleb has already thrown 2 picks, maybe for the 1st time in like forever.

Dayum make it 3 1st half picks, most ever for Caleb.

Eta: 24-3 USC letting it get away so far.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit