Which character do you hope dies in the coming books?

Tyrosh Lannister

5 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

For me it's Penny - the most annoying character in the series. 

Dude, really?  Penny is just a kid with a crush?

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Daenerys.

Agitator.  

I say burn Melisandre.  It's time.  

12 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Agitator

Well what can I say, if hoping some character who's already responsible for a death toll in the tens of thousands which will only go up to hundreds of thousands once she crosses the narrow sea, then mark me as one. I don't know about you but I think the poor people of Westeros has already suffered enough in this war for the iron chair.

32 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Well what can I say, if hoping some character who's already responsible for a death toll in the tens of thousands which will only go up to hundreds of thousands once she crosses the narrow sea, then mark me as one. I don't know about you but I think the poor people of Westeros has already suffered enough in this war for the iron chair.

I am still hoping when these idiots in Westeros see Dany's massive war machine they will take some internal inventory and stop their stupidity and start acting like civilized human beings.  That's the nobility.   I don't get a lot of insight on how the many common people feel about anything.   Of course, these noble persons probably really are too stupid to know any better.   

13 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

For me it's Penny - the most annoying character in the series. 

Tyrion will strangle her during a blackout rage.  Unfortunate consequence of a wrong turn of phrase.

Alternately, Tyrion will die and second-life a dragon; Penny will ride the dragon for a while; but then Tyrion-the-dragon will turn on her and eat her.

Edited by Gilbert Green

59 minutes ago, Gilbert Green said:

Tyrion will strangle her during a blackout rage.  Unfortunate consequence of a wrong turn of phrase.

Alternately, Tyrion will die and second-life a dragon; Penny will ride the dragon for a while; but then Tyrion-the-dragon will turn on her and eat her.

Hopefully dragon tyrion doesn't have a tummy ache after he eats her

I'll answer the question for the coming "book" rather than "books".  There are terrible characters who I don't want to survive the end but I want to last until toward the end because they are needed for the story (Tyrion, as an example).

Characters whom I wouldn't mind if they died the moment they next appear on the page:

• Roose and Ramsay Bolton (They were great villains while they lasted, but we can move on to other plots now.)
  • Sybell Spicer Westerling  (And if her still-living son Raynald plays a part in her death, I wouldn't be sad.)
  • Qyburn  (The story needs Cersei for a while; Qyburn can die this instant.)
  • Walder Frey (The rest of the guilty Freys should continue to be part of the Brotherhood plotline for a while, but Walder can drop dead of a heart attack this moment and that's more than fine with me.)
  • Daario Naharis (The most insipidly annoying character in the entire book series.)
  • Victarion Greyjoy (I hope he offers Dany the ships and does whatever he does with the dragon horn, and then his purpose in the story can be over)
  • Bowen Marsh (I don't even need to wish it: he will be dead within 5 minutes after Jon's last chapter in ADWD ended)
  • Gerold Dayne (I don't care enough about him to even dislike him; likewise I don't want to waste more time on a plotline I don't care about.)

Characters dying before the end of The Winds of Winter:

• Lady Stoneheart (As a mercy: I loved Catelyn, and I don't wish the horror of her undeadness on her, yet she needs to play a major role before she dies or otherwise her return from the dead would have been pointless)
  • Jon Connington (Also a mercy: I don't dislike the guy, he is on a dangerous path and putting people in danger.  There is also no need for him as a POV since Arianne, I suspect, will soon be Aegon's storyteller)
  • Jaime and Cersei Lannister (I rather have them die at the end of TWOW than linger on through the final book.  I imagine that ADOS will be overwhelming enough to begin with, so we don't need unnecessary side-characters cluttering it up.  I don't specifically want Jaime, but his story ends with Cersei's story ends, and I want Cersei's story in this book to be epic and chaotic, but then come to an end.)
  • Obara Sand, Nymeria Sand, Tyene Sand
  • Petyr Baelish (I hope Sansa turns to the tables on him sooner than later, and all his lifetime of diabolical plots crash down around him.)
  • Brynden Rivers (I don't think there is a single "top villain" of the story, but I suspect he might be as close as we get.)
  • Gregor Clegane (And dead for real this time.)
  • Stannis Baratheon (I don't strongly dislike the guy, but he is obviously going to die and I think the expiration date on his story should be the of TWOW.)