Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Gamers are weird, and often act like little bitches. Seriously, who gives a fuck if a couple of dozen people got some loot in some game, especially in a game like Diablo. And who cares if a class is more powerful than another class as long as all classes are fun to play? The amount of crying on reddit is pretty indicative of why we're failing as a species. 

Serious pvpers are going to be the biggest babies about this kind of stuff, for sure. And I guess that's where the Eternal Realm matters a bit more. I mean, when you're about to dive in for a big pvp session, your best geared toon will [usually] be the go-to. And that'll be Eternal.

Edited by JGP

42 minutes ago, JGP said:

Serious pvpers are going to be the biggest babies about this kind of stuff, for sure. And I guess that's where the Eternal Realm matters a bit more. I mean, when you're about to dive in for a big pvp session, your best geared toon will [usually] be the go-to. And that'll be Eternal.

So in other words.. it doesn't matter :P

My biggest [b]itches about the game are:

i. really don't like how dark the mini map and proper map can be depending on the background of where you are, like say a dungeon or somesuch

ii. how often my pony gets hung on the initial mount, creeping forward like a snail until I ease off the mouse for a second

Edited by JGP

2 minutes ago, Relic said:

So in other words.. it doesn't matter :P

Correct. Like, I'm a serious pvper, but this game isn't really designed properly for that so I'll be fine with pvping at endgame during Seasonal with whatever I managed to accrue. Makes it a bit more challenging :)

On a related note, I don't think I'm ever going to bother going into a PVP zone again unless I've got a group of 50 people or I'm level 100, myself. Running into and getting instantly hacked down by some dude who is blood marked and ~30 levels above you is just plain dumb. In no way is that interaction ever going to be engaging or fun or worthwhile for the person many levels below.

Absent some sort of level buffer, it seems wholly pointless. Actually worse than that, it detracts from the game. Overall. It adds nothing.

56 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

On a related note, I don't think I'm ever going to bother going into a PVP zone again unless I've got a group of 50 people or I'm level 100, myself. Running into and getting instantly hacked down by some dude who is blood marked and ~30 levels above you is just plain dumb. In no way is that interaction ever going to be engaging or fun or worthwhile for the person many levels below.

Absent some sort of level buffer, it seems wholly pointless. Actually worse than that, it detracts from the game. Overall. It adds nothing.

Every game that I've played [caveat: not that many] that has open world pvp [and the like] has some kind of area bolster system in place. Not Diablo. Neither does WoW now I think on it. Very unfriendly for newer and/or under-geared pvpers, even at max level.

Sounds like a Blizzard problem.

Edited by JGP

Switched up my sorc build today to a blizzard/ice shards hybrid. Not bad. I think I overdo it with the blizzard and it’s not as natural to play yet but I’ll work on it. Fairly effective though and probably can be much more so when I get a better roll on glacial aspect. Not sure I like it better than pure ice shard but didn’t have too much trouble with level 40 nightmare so onwards I go.

I’m doing I think Tier 39-40 dungeons at level 86 or so and it’s pretty easy. Could probably push it a few more levels higher but not sure what that would get me other than faster glyph levelling. I would guess tier 45 would be quite easy still given the right affixes.

My son and I did the capstone at 63 together and it was pretty easy. Not the longest boss we’ve fought anyway. But then went into things like tier 21 dungeons and Helltides which were a lot harder at level +10. Druid group damage is still amazing but single target is rough still. Need to figure out my paragon board better so I can spam pulverize more.

I’m a level 76 Sorc and think I did my first smart move ever. I got a unique leg armor- effects that heal me beyond 100% life grants me a 72% barrier that lasts 8 seconds. Basically as a mostly solo character I have a barrier constantly. So I imprinted the maxed 25% increased barrier damage to an amulet to get the extra 50% and feel like a big boy.

I’m finally getting this Diablo thing.

Temerity pants are the shit, Ramsay. Big part of my current build. Good roll too. Mine only provide a 44% Barrier. Grats on the drop. :)

Edited by JGP

Since we're getting the Scroll of Amnesia in S1 that'll reset all Skill and Paragon points for free, it'd likewise be a nice quality of life upgrade to be able to remove Imprinted Aspects as well. For instance, I finally got two pretty dope rings but need to make some Aspects moves to buff my build [got a 1.7 per Bold Chieftain's, yay me] but don't have a spare ring anywhere near what I got now. :/

Edited by JGP

Build wise, currently testing and think I've solved my resource issues so have dumped my Basic.

Right now, Rend/Rupture are mouse bound, then I got Challenging Shout, Rallying Cry, War Cry, and Wrath of the Berserker [for pushing NDs, might have to swap out WotB for Iron Skin, but I'm not pushing right now]

Overall dmg has gone up considerably despite needing to change up some gear still [too many pieces with Thorns remain, etc] and a couple more Aspect swaps. Looking forward to seeing what this is like once geared properly. 

Edited by JGP

3 hours ago, JGP said:

Temerity pants are the shit, Ramsay. Big part of my current build. Good roll too. Mine only provide a 44% Barrier. Grats on the drop. :)

I've gotten 3 thorn armor, the gamble gloves, the ice boots, 3 mother's embrace, and 2 of the chests and fields. No pants. Poop. 

19 minutes ago, JGP said:

Since we're getting the Scroll of Amnesia in S1 that'll reset all Skill and Paragon points for free, it'd likewise be a nice quality of life upgrade to be able to remove Imprinted Aspects as well. For instance, I finally got two pretty dope rings but need to make some Aspects moves to buff my build [got a 1.7 per Bold Chieftain's, yay me] but don't have a spare ring anywhere near what I got now. :/

Would be great if any extracted aspect went into your codex. 

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

FYI, Temerity is either bugged or the tooltip is incorrect, as the barrier uses Base Life for its value, rather than Maximum Life as it says on the tooltip.

Managed to do the capstone dungeon with my level 43 necro, so T3 here I come!

Are you still playing bone spear? 

24 minutes ago, Relic said:

Are you still playing bone spear? 

Yep. High damage and good AOE, it's a lot of fun. Just made it to 50 before logging off, so got to spend some points on the first paragon board. Just need some glyphs to drop now, so I can switch out the amazing 2 radius blue one I've socketed for something better.