Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

Update: Unique drop chance added to Helltide chests, live this afternoon. Sweet.

[sips coffee, keeps watching]

ii. SI starts on the 20th

Edited by JGP

Overall, everything for SI sounds good. Looking forward to the patch notes and patch later today as well. I do hope to eventually get more specific deets on things like the new Legs and Uniques because I seriously fucking enjoy theory crafting nonconventional, non-fotm builds, but surprises are kinda fun too. 

It's why I avoid guides for the most part.

Edited by JGP

4 hours ago, Relic said:

how does the build work? What do you have on your keys? Are you using both rend and rupture? Give me deets =P 

You know what, I spaced on some on this. 

Basic: Flay. Mods- Enhanced Flay for chance to make Vulnerable and Battle Flay for the chance to get 10% [x] Bleed dmg. Once I get stronger I'll be swapping out Flay as Basic for Lunging Strike, for the gap close especially but also the extra Berserking procs

Core: Rend. Mods- Enhanced Rend to extend Vulnerable and Furious Rend for resource gen but will be swapping to Violent Rend eventually for 12% [x] dmg to Vulnerable once I figure out some resource work arounds

Defensive [a bunch lol]

i. Rallying Cry, Enhanced RC, Tactical RC

ii. Challenging Shout, Enhanced CS, Tactical CS

iii. Iron Skin, Enhanced IS, Strategic IS

[Passives and Ability mods therein, do as needed to beef your current strengths or to shore up weaknesses, change as needed later on]

Brawling: nothing, except for some Shout and Berserking passives

Weapon Mastery: Rupture. Enhanced Rupture, and Fighter's Rupture for the heals to help proc my Temerity Barrier. Once Barrier gen is sorted will change the latter to Warrior's Rupture for the 20% AS

[Passives herein, kind of up to you but highly recommend 1 point Hamstring for Slows and 3 points Cut to the Bone for 18% [x] dmg to Vulnerable]

Ultimate: none, but opted into a few passives for Max Fury and heals on Fury spent [the latter, again, for Temerity procs]

Key Passive: Gushing Wounds

Have fun. And let me know if you figure anything out that beefs it up

edit: oh yeah, and since Fields is a 2H Sword your Technique should be 2H Axes since it won’t stack [recently had to arm a 2H Axe to level that Technique to 10]

final edit: [promise lol] try to have at least two Rends on your targets before you Rupture them

Edited by JGP

Shako is ridiculously OP. 

---

Did some ND pushing last night, and feels like there should be some kind of combination of DR on Slows/Roots/Freezes/Stuns/etc, but that may be the pvper in me lol

In regard to gearing woes, I also got three upgrades during those runs, garnering roughly another natural, unbuffed 10% crit chance and over 100% more crit dmg, so... yeah.

---

edit: and wtf happened to @RumHam. You ok, yo

Edited by JGP

1 hour ago, Arakasi said:

Yeah anyone get a Shako? 

Judging buy the outrage on the forums, a few Shakos dropped. Some peeps crying for rollbacks, like the Eternal Realm really matters lol

Edited by JGP

Yeah, that's the thing - for anyone playing even halfway seriously, the Enternal Realm isn't going to matter at all in two weeks.

I guess there are lots of people who are new to the franchise on the official forums though, innocent babies who haven't yet grinded years of their lives away for no drops at all. Suck it up and get grinding, babies, the shakos never really drop!

(Which is not to say that I endorse shitty drop rates. FU Blizz.)

Gamers are weird, and often act like little bitches. Seriously, who gives a fuck if a couple of dozen people got some loot in some game, especially in a game like Diablo. And who cares if a class is more powerful than another class as long as all classes are fun to play? The amount of crying on reddit is pretty indicative of why we're failing as a species. 

Edited by Relic

Been catching on the forums [I almost never go there, nerd tears annoy me] and one streamer said that of those of his subs who were trying the Helltide Helm chest thing [best for Barbs, apparently] over 20 Shakos dropped just amongst his peeps attempting to exploit, in 10 minutes.

If that's true, I'm not saying it is, well ok. I suppose the gripes are a bit more justified.

Edited by JGP