Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

Whatever issue Edgies had could be fixed. Don't know. I do don't know if Berserk Ripping has been and that's pretty huge dps loss for a Rend/Deathblow boy like me, the Direct dmg % from Deathblow added as a Bleed was really, really fucking good. Hmn.

Edited by JGP

I really got to learn to adopt the patience to hunt and peck down the info I'm looking for from Dev announcements. 

Thanks, all lol

Got to 100 on my barb, and didn't fancy having to grind for mats and gold to sort new gear out to try HOTA, so decided to level a necro instead. Fun at the moment - bone spear absolutely murders everything.

It's a shame the game isn't keen on people trying different things with the same class though.

I decided to buy the game for PS4 instead of pc for my back's sake! :laugh: Baldur's Gate 3 is FINALLY coming out next month and I know I'm gonna play the Ninth Hell out of it.

So I started with barbarian and it's okay. I usually play as a Paladin/Crusader but I guess I'm gonna have to wait for the DLC. Anyone playing as a rogue or sorcerer? I've been eyeing both to play next. Which one is better DPS?

So is item power basically useless after 725? Should I be completely ignoring it after that threshold?

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

Anyone playing as a rogue or sorcerer? I've been eyeing both to play next. Which one is better DPS?

I’m playing as a sorcerer. I went with a fire build and that’s probably a mistake as an ice build is supposed to be much better, but I’m stubborn. Rogue looks to be pretty OP with certain builds.

Think they may upgrade a little harder the higher the ilvl, but don't hold me too that.

---

Got nice roll on a Fields of Crimson finally [also, 813 base ilvl which is likewise good] if you don't care move on, but if you don't know-- its a 2H Sword that buffs the Weapon Mastery ability Rupture, which on hit collapses all your Bleed dmg at once.

The Unique aspect on the 2H creates a pool of blood if you hit at least one Bleeding enemy [Bleeds from Flay, Rend, direct dmg bleed adds, etc] and it'll hit everyone in front of you in melee range, so there can be multiple pools that add another bleed for all enemies in it [or them] and they take 10% [x] more Bleed dmg. Fields of Crimson can roll with up to 6 ranks of Rupture [mine did] and when upgraded that jumps to 9 [I currently have 17 lol] Thing is, increased ranks of Rupture don't amount to a dmg increase per se but each lowers its cd. My gear isn't optimized for this because I've been a Rend/Deathblow bitch almost from go, but I just did a Helltide and it was the easiest iteration of the event I've ever done. By a long shot.

Bajheera [a streamer] has worked out a pretty wicked Rend pvp build, his vids are silly, but I think this paired with that might be woah-- as every so often he has to kite waiting for the other player to die from his Bleeds but one tap from Rupture equals no more time killing [and lessens the chances of them eeking out of it]

I'm going to stick with this I think, and it actually frees up two gears slots Aspect wise so I can get some more defensive shit going on and reprioritize some other stats.

It's really sick y'all [wicked transmog too, imo]

---

edit: and sorry @Trebla, I dropped Sorc around lvl 31 and my Rogue is like 12 or some shit. I ain't your guy lol

Edited by JGP

Nah the last item power breakpoint is currently 725. Easy enough to confirm just compare the range on a 725 item vs an 825 item it’s the same range. Range will progress the same through upgrades. You definitely want power as high as possible for weapons and things like chest are high enough armor that a 100 item power level will help a bit. Still having the stat range having higher rolls is most important. 100 armor isn’t going to beat 5% on DR or other stats.

Remember when upgrading an item through a breakpoint it’s going to reroll your stat in where it lies within the range. Can help you know if the upgrade will be worth it before spending materials.

As for DPS it’s hard to say who is better between rogue and sorcerer. I play both although my main is rogue and my sons main is sorc. Rogue is more mobile (yes I know teleport but pretty much all rogues run dash and shadow step), sorc has better defenses. (Ice armor, flame shield, frost nova, deep freeze vs poison trap and dark shroud) Personally I think rogue is better single target damage and sorcs better with groups. Rogue does have more variety of builds though if that matters. Most best sorc builds are frost.

Edited by Arakasi

Update: Rend/Rupture with Fields of Crimson and Temerity pants is the cats ass, yo. The overall dmg, and the straight up tankiness. Should've tried this way back when I got my first Fields in TIII.

50 minutes ago, Relic said:

Is there a Unique more useless than Fists of Fate?

100000 Steps lol

--- 

About the gearing you linked two posts up. Yup. It's been discussed herein [though speculation, and these threads move fast] I'm just over a bar shy of 98, and I still get more 695/700 gear than I'd like. Most are in the 750-760 range with maybe 1 in 40 over 800, but the latter didn't drop much at all until I was over 90. Where I'm at now, maybe the split between Sacred and Ancestral is close to 50/50?

I visualize the ilvl drop chance like a pendulum, where say just below the pivot is the best gear you can get, for your lvl, but it has a pretty godamned narrow swing compared to the range beneath. And the fucking rolls, man. You've [general you] been hoping for a better ilvl weapon for your dmg abilities to scale off, and you finally got a 810 or something, yay, but 99.93% of the rolls are crap because we got too many affixes now [and enchanting gets onerous on the coin pouch, fast, but I remember DIII being like that for some time too]

I still don't have two 1H Swords lol

Anywho, I'm going to bed. Have fun, bruh.

Edited by JGP

this seems like a bit of a hack when farming gear and are underleveled - you can do helltides on t3, get your Cinders and then go to t4 and redeem the chest there. 

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Hmm, ran some t4 helltides at level 60 and was getting mostly sacred gear. Anyone know when the ancestor gear starts to drop en masse?

I did some very late night NM sigil runs tonight on my 81 Druid. I can do ~40ish or more I expect, but I find 35 to be comfortable. At that level I'm getting probably 20% ancestrals vs 80% Sacreds, which feels fine. At the entry level to T4, the 21-25 sigils, seems like less than 10% of the drops are Ancestral. The 42 one I did was pretty rough on me and thus very inefficient for actual gear hunting, but it was probably 1/3rd Ancestral 2/3rd sacred. This is ridiculously small sample size and I'm sure Maxroll dot gg has a very clear explanation on itemization.