Diablo 4 - Hellish Grind

Relic

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Am I missing something?  I can't get the last two renown stuff done before getting tier 3.  Won't you have to do that on season characters? Also if you skip the campaign that means no horsie right?

You can't unlock the last two stages before T3, but you can bank the renown points ready to unlock them as soon as you do.

The horsey is available at level 1 if you skip the campaign!

3 hours ago, JGP said:

No more Sacred drops after lvl 80?

Smooooooooth

edit: ah, I misunderstood. Wonder how ilvl will factor into that

I don't think it'll affect ilevel at all - you could get a nice 810 piece at 60 if you were lucky, and if it dropped then it would have a 60 requirement, so I think all this will do is cap the requirement so your alts might get some use out of stuff.

Still a bit crap really - just let our alts use nice gear! Even the gems have level requirements ffs!

2 hours ago, Arakasi said:

I do find with running high tier nightmare dungeons that ancestral do drop more but it’s not a 100% thing there is still variance. But I find at tier 55-60 lately I get 2/3 to 3/4 ancestral. Anecdotal of course.

I agree. Running Tier 45s lately and definitely find Ancestrals dropping near 50/50, maybe 60/40. Item Levels still suck on them and haven't found an upgrade in days and I'm only 83 :( The grind is long and unsatisfying.

Edited by Mexal

26 minutes ago, Relic said:

thats like a WoW boss. Which one do you mean? This game is 100% gear. 1% skill.

the Curator is the name of the boss at the end of the capstone dungeon. Him shooting 3-6 plague rays plus skeleton greatbow things means its a bullet hell. And really its only when he starts putting up walls which he explodes which have an incredibly wonky hitbox that hits you when you arent near it that it becomes a problem

Edited by Slurktan

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

the Curator is the name of the boss at the end of the capstone dungeon. Him shooting 3-6 plague rays plus skeleton greatbow things means its a bullet hell. And really its only when he starts putting up walls which he explodes which have an incredibly wonky hitbox that hits you when you arent near it that it becomes a problem

oh. just get a few more percentage points on gear and some paragon nodes, and you should be fine. 

16 hours ago, Mexal said:

Given season 1 starts shortly, I'm just trying to push NM to see how far I can get on my sorc. So far, did a tier 46 (level 100 monsters) yesterday at 82 and didn't have too much of an issue (elites die a bit slower and when I pull too big, I can't kill them fast enough). Hopefully after the patch notes tomorrow, I'll have a good path for season 1 start.

My sorc is around the same level and I’m having trouble with mid 30 tier dungeons. Some I beat relatively easily and some I get absolutely destroyed. I haven’t even tried 40+ yet.

I might try following some builds for season 1. 

9 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

My sorc is around the same level and I’m having trouble with mid 30 tier dungeons. Some I beat relatively easily and some I get absolutely destroyed. I haven’t even tried 40+ yet.

I might try following some builds for season 1. 

What build are you running? I’m doing an ice shards/blizzard hybrid with frost nova, flame shield, teleport and ice armor. Fairly standard I guess. I completed another tier 46 last night but had a tough time with a different one with different affixes. Think I’ll stick around mid 40d and call it a day.

The issue I run into is being one hit when I don’t pay attention or teleport (with Rainment) into those tusk fuckers.

Edited by Mexal

I don’t agree with the 100% gear, 1% skill. As you get into higher tiers playing correctly is pretty important since avoidance of CCs is a life saver. Also for anyone running disobedience (which is everyone) having a CC will definitely drop your stack and get you killed even faster. So it’s doubly important.

Also since enemies hit so hard you really have to play very well as long as you’re a melee class because you can die in 2-3 hits. There are some dungeon affixes that also change the way I play like backstabber or cold enchanted. Now obv the game is a lot based on gear but this isn’t D2 where it’s just a math check between you and the enemy. My barb in 2 could literally P8 the entire game because I had a weapon (Grief) that outscaled everything.

I didn't bother with Sigils that had like... Ranged Attacks Can Disable Your Health Pot For A Bit, Bitch et so on. Straight to salvage for the powder.

Patch notes should be dropping in less than 30 mins.

The ones I avoid are in rough order.

1. Death Pulse

2. monsters burn resource

3. ranged monsters slow

4. Either field one (the one that dazed you or the one you have to hide under)

5. Reduced close damaged

6. enemies have barrier

7. cold enchanted

8. backstabber

I also just try to avoid the dungeons with lots of ghosts like Onyx or Black Asylum. Screw those guys.

Edited by Arakasi

22 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Screw those guys.

lol

In the head. With a stick.

---

Almost a 9gb patch with no notes yet. Come on Blizz, get your shit together.

Notes are up.

• Fixed an issue where stacking the Berserk Ripping, Skullbreaker, and Anemia aspects would allow the player to deal extreme amounts of damage

They're such assholes. This was not an issue.

Edited by JGP

1 minute ago, JGP said:

Notes are up.

• Fixed an issue where stacking the Berserk Ripping, Skullbreaker, and Anemia aspects would allow the player to deal extreme amounts of damage

They're such assholes. This was not an issue.

Heh, I imagine the monsters' union had quite an issue with their poor guys getting shredded for billions of damage!

Nothing too surprising. They buffed all the stats that are underperforming and nerfed the overperforming ones. Vulnerable, crit damage, conditional DR, armor and cooldown reduction all got hit. Everything else got buffed. No details on the special malignant here. Also made the weapon choices less obvious as swords and crossbows got slapped down. Nothing really huge on class specific changes for classes I’ve played mostly bug fixes and bumps to underperforming skills. I do note a few things got changed from always on to a 75% lucky hit chance which should buff lucky hit.

Edited by Arakasi

Are they really going with DIII's fotm Seasonal dynamic? They fucking better not be.

I'd like the two new Universal Aspects for me, want to use both but no idea how to incorporate with existing build. And Azurewrath... lol

WTF do these assholes have against Barbs?

I have no idea what to make of this patch. Mostly nerfs to make existing content harder? Artificial inflation, artificial scarcity. Meh. When does Baldur's Gate 3 come out? 

16 minutes ago, JGP said:

WTF do these assholes have against Barbs?

From what little I understand they didn't just nerf barbs. They nerfed... Everyone. All to make you play more to get less. 

I love the new sorc unique that teleports you to a random spot on your screen, so you can get one shot by something you can sort of see instead of something off screen. 

Edited by Relic