Star Trek: I miss Hemmer (spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

11 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Okay. I chuckled some, laughed in a couple spots...but this won't go down as one of my favorite episodes...it was a classic episode format (that may have been part of the joke...?), and T'Lyn is pretty great, but this wasn't a "classic"...

Lower Decks is consistently good… but as I recall it usually picks up second half of the season.

These character-centered episodes are good, but it sometimes feels like giving too much attention and opportunity to shine to one means ignoring the capabilities of the others, and thus borders on inconsistency. What I mean by that is that it's kinda odd to see Tendi be useless after what we've learned about her last week... But of course, as you say Scott, this is just building-up to the second part of the season, where we'll get to episodes where all characters can coordinate and shine together.

All in all I'm still baffled by the quality of this animated show, because it manages to build on everything Trek to give us new and slightly wacky stuff. I wonder how long they can keep it up before it becomes irrealistic for the characters to fail at anything though...