Football: So it begins

Raja

Curious how long all this added time is going to affect games & how long it stays - it's a bit weird that the PL refs come out with some edict that *This* season we will deal with time wasting, whereas they've had the tools to deal with it all this time

Didn't think we would get a saga that would overshadow United being sold, but it Caicedo stuff is easily topping that

39 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

It sounds like Chelsea are going to get both Caicedo and Lavia now. What an absolute clownshow Liverpool is.

But some LFC supporters here think FSG are the best!

These deluded fools call us rabid anti-fsg, wait till we go back to mid table mediocrity under fsg.

Burnley are giving it a go to be fair. I suspect it’s going to end up with them losing by about six but at least it’s fun.

ETA: De Bruyne breaking down by the look of it. For all the talk of Arsenal’s improvement I haven’t been particularly convinced they were going to get close but if he’s going to struggle this season that’s a real boost to their chances.

Edited by ljkeane

40 minutes ago, Raja said:

I mean...what on earth is this

good on the united fans protesting against it

It is obviously a highly cynical move by our board- the best hope is that it's 'publicising consulting the women so they can use that as 'we had to listen to them' PR when announcing hes out' cynical, rather than 'publicising consulting the women to put them under pressure to accept his return' cynical. 

I thought Chelsea had some FFP concerns. But apparently not if they're trying to sign both Caicedo and Lavia. There's also reports that they're looking to get Olise from Palace as well. If they get all those over the line, that'd take their spending to around the billion pound mark in the space of 13 months. Boehly is a madman.

Some of the Liverpool journalists saying they don’t think Chelsea can actually afford both Lavia and Caicedo and it’s a ploy to get Liverpool to withdraw their offer so Chelsea don’t have to top it. I guess we’ll see.

It does seem nuts that they can even fit what they’ve spent so far into ffp though. Even City had to make up loads of fake sponsorships. Chelsea haven’t even nailed down a shirt sponsor for this season.

Edited by ljkeane

They have tried to make up a fake sponsor though - didn't they make a deal with a company with 100 Instagram followers?
There's also talk that they're going to bid for Olise, so I've no idea what's going on.

I still think Caicedo is the wrong choice for us now. Whether it's him or his agent chasing extra money, let them go. (though I'd prefer we don't withdraw, but make Chelsea pay through the nose.)

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

Only benefit of being a shift worker, you can have a drink whenever the fuck you please without judgement. 

This is correct. When we work nights we do them 4 in a row and getting a drink on Friday morning at the end of your set of nights at like 10am feels rather good.