Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

Joined. Sorry, end of August and early September is just a crazy time for me with work/vacation/getting kids to school.  One of the reasons I turned down experts when I made it back in.   But I am in for tomorrow.  Just need to look up some values now.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Joined. Sorry, end of August and early September is just a crazy time for me with work/vacation/getting kids to school.  One of the reasons I turned down experts when I made it back in.   But I am in for tomorrow.  Just need to look up some values now.

This is truly the first year where I feel like I know next to nothing outside of who to take in the first few rounds of a snake draft. In yesterday's draft I had no idea who a ton of the players were that had high projections and so many names I did know had vague injury statuses and/or are known to be in decline. It's clear I've officially stopped caring that much about the NFL because by comparison I'm still relatively locked into the NBA. And I'd prefer to watch a great tennis match over a great NFL game. I mean hell, I probably read more about Chelsea's offseason than I did about the Vike's. I'll do some research because I finally made it to Experts, but I expect to make a lot of mistakes in every draft. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Interesting draft.  Think my RB and WR are probably the best in the league. 

But should have gone for some of the QB who went up early.  I thought they were a little high at the time - but turns out those were solid deals relative to some of the other prices.  Possible I'm just low and need to adjust, not sure.  I base my values partly on prices from last year, and didn't expect the substantial jump in cost on the top guys and a lot of the mid-range guys.  That said, while I didn't really get my targets at QB, thought it ended up okay with two low-end QB1 / high-end QB2 types.

QB - K.Cousins, A.Richardson (G.Minshew)
RB - T.Pollard, J.Jacobs, B.Hall (J.Warren, R.Mostert, R.Johnson, E.Hull, Z.White)
WR - C.Kupp, G.Wilson, D.Metcalf, C.Watson (J.Addison, J.Reed, I.Hodgins, J.Ross)
TE - P.Freiermuth
K - J.Sanders
DEF - Baltimore

Spent more on QBs this year than previous years, so we'll see how that goes.  Last year was an absolute bust with all the injuries, so this year I opted to take more insurance guys as backups.  I like this team way more than my 12 man draft where I drafted 11th

QB - Justin Fields Chi, Jalen Hurts Phi (Marcus Mariota Phi, Sam Darnold SF)

WR -   CeeDee Lamb Dal, Amon-Ra St. Brown Det, Courtland Sutton Den, Darnell Mooney Chi (Marquise Brown Ari, Jameson Williams Det, K.J. Osborn Min)

RB  -  Travis Etienne Jr. Jax, J.K. Dobbins Bal, Samaje Perine Den (Javonte Williams Den, Chuba Hubbard Car, Marquez Valdes-Scantling KC, Matt Breida NYG)

TE -   George Kittle SF (Cole Kmet Chi)

K -  Younghoe Koo Atl

D -  New England

We need 1-3 more owners for the keeper league.  It's a quick snake draft due to the keepers and fun to build a team over the years.  I posted the rosters on the Fantasy Keeper Thread.  There is an open team, JJ's team and JJ's brother's team (JJ's team led the league in points for most of the season and JJ's brother's team came in 2nd).

Let me know if you want to join.  Draft will be some time this week.  We also need another owner for Dynasty.   I will get those rosters up tonight.

Still need one more for Dynasty.  Even if you can just draft and then I can transfer the team to another email and we just put in the highest scoring roster each week based on Yahoo.  We can't draft with one team auto-drafting an auction.

So anyone just want to help out and draft a team?  It would be a brand new team with almost a full budget, so you could basically do whatever you want.

Draft is Friday at 9:30pm as of right now, but could change to next week and we skip week 1 if we don't find someone.

One last ditch effort (until next week if this does not work).  We just need one owner to draft.  No long term commitment.  Right after the draft, I will switch the league to a generic email (or we can do that before and you just login) and then I will edit the lineups during the season based on Yahoo projected points.

So if anyone has time Friday for one last draft, please consider helping us out!!

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, grozeng said:

@Whiskeyjack I just clicked on the wrong thing on my phone.  Meant to drop Carson Wentz, not Bailey Zappe.  Hit cancel and it processed the move.  Can you switch it so I dropped Wentz instead?

Everyone is a free agent now, since waivers already ran - you should be able to just go pickup Zappe and drop Wentz, right?