Football - Never Say Die!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

18 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

So do you follow them now? :D:leaving:

Anyway, seems like the Getafe fans are a bunch of tossers who are happy to have acquired Greenwood. So that's that.

Only saw that tweet cause James Ducker retweeted it so it showed up on my timeline. I wouldn't waste my time watching a Getafe match though, even before Greenwood. They make Dyche's Burnley and Pulis's Stoke look like choir boys.

Eta. Ducker also reposted a tweet from the same account showing a group of Getafe fans celebrating outside the stadium at the news of Greenwood's loan.

Edited by Consigliere

We're losing, all right. 

Gana seems to be fit for retiring now. He wins balls almost like he used to, but he misses some, which leads to dangerous situations, and he misplaces dangerous passes altogether too often for comfort.

Right now, since Doucourè is a lock for attacking mid, we should put McNeill in and remove Gana. Onana / Garner will have to take the defensive position - probably Onana covering and Garner trying to set the pace for the team.

Frustrating, this - when we play normal football, we're way better than Sheffield U. And we've just equalized. But we allow counters, easy chances, all that jazz.

Also, side note, but Andy Madley facing a wall that doesn't move back where it should be, what does he do? Show them where they  should be? Give them a second to react? Show a yellow for not obeying? Nah, stress that. He moves the line 30 cm forward instead. What sort of stupidity is that?

Just checking the scores on the bbc and saw this from an Everton fan. Possibly the most deluded take I've ever read about anything anywhere. 

Once the players on the injury list are back, the Everton are going to fly. Top six is a non-negotiable.

Edited by BigFatCoward

We're not getting anywhere near top six. But given a half decent goal scorer, we'll be mid table.

And as it happens, we've scored twice today, which is less than we should have but more than we would if our striker was still Maupay. Baby steps.