Baldur's Gate 3: Quicksave is my favourite spell

Luzifer's right hand

24 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

Just started Act III, and it seems I've run into a few glitches:

- Got the quest about the murdered priest, and was doing different parts of it...only to discover it's not in my quest log.  So, not sure I'll get any credit for it.

- Been working on romancing Shadowheart.  By the end of Act II, it certainly seemed like we were a thing. And then talking to her about something else, this dialogue option comes up...something like "Seems like we had a chance for a relationship, but I think that time has passed", and her response was "maybe in another life".  Wait...what?!  What did I say?!?!

So there are some VERY lame triggers that you have to do for some romance stuff. I don't know shqdowheart but with karlach I know that you had to long rest in act 2 like 10 times, and then when you're in the mid place between act 2 and 3 you have to long rest there and talk with her then, or you lose it.

You do not have to long rest with supplies if you don't want to, but in order to advance a bunch of the storyline you have to do it a lot.

Okay after so much whining I feel it’s my duty to point out a GREAT moment in BG3 yesterday, when on a whim I pickpocketed the githyanki captain in the monastery which lead me down a rabbit hole that ended in the astral plane…. Felt like a completely emergent gameplay moment that happened to be scripted like a main quest cinematic, so cool!  

I also try to keep as many NPCs alive as possible, including the bad guys as this game does a great job of bringing them back in later moments, which lead to a certain gnome joining my camp, that otherwise would’ve never happened ! 

I also seem to have exhausted all my camp interactions during long rest, as nothing as triggered for the last 4-5 nights, but I’m confused as to why Astarion still hasn’t attempted to drink my blood after telling me he’s a vampire, as most people report it happening pretty early on, in Act 1 itself which I’ve almost finished and I take Astarion frequently with me. Maybe it’s cause he’s still neutral with me ? 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

56 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Okay after so much whining I feel it’s my duty to point out a GREAT moment in BG3 yesterday, when on a whim I pickpocketed the githyanki captain in the monastery which lead me down a rabbit hole that ended in the astral plane…. Felt like a completely emergent gameplay moment that happened to be scripted like a main quest cinematic, so cool!  

I also try to keep as many NPCs alive as possible, including the bad guys as this game does a great job of bringing them back in later moments, which lead to a certain gnome joining my camp, that otherwise would’ve never happened ! 

I also seem to have exhausted all my camp interactions during long rest, as nothing as triggered for the last 4-5 nights, but I’m confused as to why Astarion still hasn’t attempted to drink my blood after telling me he’s a vampire, as most people report it happening pretty early on, in Act 1 itself which I’ve almost finished and I take Astarion frequently with me. Maybe it’s cause he’s still neutral with me ? 

To be clear the lots of sleep happens after you've gone past the monastery and into the shadowcurse. Specifically last light inn. That's when you get all the sleep stuff.

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

He won't at this point. I dunno what the triggers are (maybe something to do with the goblin camp quest?) But if you reach a certain point without hum having tried to sneakily drink you then he just tells you instead of you finding out at night. I assume it's too do with the order you do quests and the pileup of so many priority camp/resting events putting it to the back of the queue. I had this happen in my second game.

Edited by Poobah
Goblins not gibbons, thanks autocorrect

Another feather in the cap, BG3 just won DICE game of the year! Full props to this game for finally making CRPGs accessible to me - I tried BG2, Neverwinter, DAO and Planescape well before this game and just couldn’t deal with the interface ,graphics and mechanics of those games and left them all after a few hours. This one (other than some combat situations I’ve previously mentioned) really makes it easy and accessible to get into it ! 

(Not counting DAI as I don’t consider it to be a CRPG) 

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

But you never tried Pillars of the Eternity?

Nope, DOS2 is next on the list after I finish BG3. Picked it up for just $3.5 the other day on Steam. I’m kinda spoiled after BG3, and DOS2 has the closest production values as a CRPG to it. But I will follow up with your suggestion of Disco Elysium at some point.

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

You missed Obsidian's games?!

I’ve played Kotor 2, outer worlds, South Park , new vegas etc but not the pillar ones. Couldn’t get into CRPGs till BG3.  Notwithstanding the bugs, I actually found Alpha Protocol to be their best game for me. 

After a whopping 70 hours and reaching level 7, I have finally cleared everything in Act 1 and will now proceed to take the lift in the under dark into Act 2. Man this game will easily take me 150-170 hours to complete if each Act is of comparable length. Not complaining though ! Also thinking of starting a DOS2 playthrough at the same time as I’m completely wired for CRPG mechanics right now.  I want to buy Disco Elysium as well but I heard the original founders and developers of the studio got fucked and kicked out of it so I dunno if I want to support that studio now…might wait for a dirt cheap sale of 2-3 bucks instead and then get it…

So I finished my Shadowheart playthrough. I was the goodest emo princess ever. Tried to romance Karlach but could not resist the charms of Lae'zel in the end. It's true love when she crits you and stuns you with her first hit but you think you might win. Only for her to pop action surge. :wub:

Taking a bit of a break. At least until one or two hotfixes.

Next playthrough I plan to add the non-origin companions as early possible to my party. Playing as a resist Durge probably as I have not done that yet.

Edited by Luzifer's right hand

23 minutes ago, Poobah said:

I remain bemused at how many bugs some here seem to have encountered given how few I saw. I suppose it's due to how diverse PC hardware is?

Friends have reported falling through the world map, CTDs, bars cutting through faces (ditto on my end), jerkiness in the lower city regions, broken quests, audio/mouth movements desynching, people speaking with mouths not moving, color vanishing from the screen, just an absolute schmogasboard of weirdness. 

7 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Friends have reported falling through the world map, CTDs, bars cutting through faces (ditto on my end), jerkiness in the lower city regions, broken quests, audio/mouth movements desynching, people speaking with mouths not moving, color vanishing from the screen, just an absolute schmogasboard of weirdness. 

I had the weird face thing on I think.... 2 npcs? And basically nothing else, some minor quest logic things in act 3 which I mentioned previously too I guess.

14 hours ago, IlyaP said:

You are now entering....

The Bug Zone! 

Been chilling at the last light inn for a couple of hours, so far it’s all buttery smooth. The biggest bug I encountered in the entire game still is just the bugged out Zhentarrim hideout in Act 1 which wasn’t fixed in the latest patch unfortunately. Great to see all the decisions I made out in Act 1 have changed a lot of potential quests and NPCs in Act 2.