Baldur's Gate 3: Quicksave is my favourite spell

Luzifer's right hand

On 2/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, Kalbear said:

Act 2 wasn't particularly buggy. It's just kinda short and kinda meh. 

"Short" ie only 60 hours long.

Edited by Durckad
I wish I could fucking type

I liked Act 2, only problem is I couldn't explore most of the map because the darkness suddenly started draining my characters regardless of the protection granted by the fairy and I couldn't go anywhere without dying.

13 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I liked Act 2, only problem is I couldn't explore most of the map because the darkness suddenly started draining my characters regardless of the protection granted by the fairy and I couldn't go anywhere without dying.

I think that's a bug (yeah, I know, shocking). I had the same thing happen but then I realized that the protection the fairy granted had somehow worn off so I just had her reapply it and I was good. Was utterly baffled by how I was supposed to complete the area until I figured that out, I thought it was supposed to be some sort of puzzle at first.

26 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Managed to complete it in about ten hours on my end...

Showoff. 

3 hours ago, Durckad said:

"Short" ie only 60 hours long.

Like, how? I don't even know what you could do in the game in act 2 for 60 hours. I can see that for act 3 and easily act 1, but...what?

It took me about 10 hours too. Maybe a bit more because I redid a couple things to get both versions, but not by much.

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Like, how? I don't even know what you could do in the game in act 2 for 60 hours. I can see that for act 3 and easily act 1, but...what?

It took me about 10 hours too. Maybe a bit more because I redid a couple things to get both versions, but not by much.

It was a joke.

I definitely spent more than 10 hours in act 2. According to my save files I spent around 20 hours there in my first playthrough - I was very thorough though. I think it's the easiest act to miss content either as a result of not finding it or it not being available to you because of some combination of consequences of past actions, choices made, and order of doing things in.

I’m enjoying the horror aspects of Act 2 so far but I wish I didn’t have to carry around that fucking moon lantern all the time. Sometimes because of the buggy path finding, my companions would be delayed behind me and get turned by the shadow before I could  reach them in time, forcing me to kill and revive them. It’s damn irritating and this is despite the blessing from Isobel. Shart romance is proceeding very slowly, and I had to break lazaels heart and reject her because it was ending my romance with Shart so I hope it finally goes ahead now… Will be trying to lift the curse with Halsin next. But so far it seems to be just as meaty as Act 1 map. I think because there’s no Underdark and we already know all the games mechanics this Act will be finished more quickly but I’m confident I’ll get another 30-40 hours out of it for sure.

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I’ve been having more issues with pathfinding and companions clipping and getting stuck in unreachable places when you leave camp since the new patch. Haven’t seen any kissing animations yet but I assume it’s cause I haven’t proceeded far enough in the romance. Biggest improvement is just dismissing companions so far. Thankfully no further broken quests since Zhentarrim one !

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

5 hours ago, Poobah said:

I definitely spent more than 10 hours in act 2. According to my save files I spent around 20 hours there in my first playthrough - I was very thorough though. I think it's the easiest act to miss content either as a result of not finding it or it not being available to you because of some combination of consequences of past actions, choices made, and order of doing things in.

Yeah, I think I spent about 20 hours in Act 2, though, to be fair, it felt like 60.

50 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I’m enjoying the horror aspects of Act 2 so far but I wish I didn’t have to carry around that fucking moon lantern all the time. Sometimes because of the buggy path finding, my companions would be delayed behind me and get turned by the shadow before I could  reach them in time, forcing me to kill and revive them. It’s damn irritating and this is despite the blessing from Isobel. Shart romance is proceeding very slowly, and I had to break lazaels heart and reject her because it was ending my romance with Shart so I hope it finally goes ahead now… Will be trying to lift the curse with Halsin next. But so far it seems to be just as meaty as Act 1 map. I think because there’s no Underdark and we already know all the games mechanics this Act will be finished more quickly but I’m confident I’ll get another 30-40 hours out of it for sure.

Please, for the love of all that is holy in this miserable world, I beg of you not to call her "Shart." That word has... unbecoming implications to put it lightly.

13 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Yeah, I think I spent about 20 hours in Act 2, though, to be fair, it felt like 60.

Feels about right. Especially at the end, when I spent way too much time trying to navigate the mini-map to find the entrance to a tunnel of sorts for a boss fight. Kept going up to a crack in a ceiling wall that did nothing, but the mini-map insisted "oh yes, this is the location!"

13 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Please, for the love of all that is holy in this miserable world, I beg of you not to call her "Shart." That word has... unbecoming implications to put it lightly.

At the very least, it's an accurate name given her unbearable nature.

41 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Feels about right. Especially at the end, when I spent way too much time trying to navigate the mini-map to find the entrance to a tunnel of sorts for a boss fight. Kept going up to a crack in a ceiling wall that did nothing, but the mini-map insisted "oh yes, this is the location!"

At the very least, it's an accurate name given her unbearable nature.

See I like brooding, sullen,morally grey girls over the instantly likeable types like Karlach or the ferocious,horndogs like Lazeal, it makes romancing them more interesting. Also I know he’s everyone’s favourite character but personally I can’t stand Astarion. Wyll and Gale are good but suffer from nice guy syndrome. I really like Halsin- might romance him as a female in another play through. Sucks that it seems (so far) that Isobel won’t be a permanent character I really like her and a potential clash with Shadowheart would be fun. Haven’t recruited the last 2 companions yet.  She’s a bit of a Tsundere too which is probably why she’s unlikeable to you. I tried to get both Lazael and her but she instantly dumped me when I tried it so I had to dump Lazael. Shadow is worth it :D

14 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I’m enjoying the horror aspects of Act 2 so far but I wish I didn’t have to carry around that fucking moon lantern all the time.

Just let the fairy free.

2 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

No infact I tightened the mechanism but the little bitch still won’t shut up :P

Well, that's on you then. If you free the fairy she'll grant you a buff that lets you resist the shadowcurse entirely, without any lantern. 

9 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Well, that's on you then. If you free the fairy she'll grant you a buff that lets you resist the shadowcurse entirely, without any lantern. 

Oh fuck, when i first spoke to her,the game warned me that pixies are tricksters, so I didn’t trust her naturally at keeping her word. Dammit why would the game misdirect me like this ??!! I’ll free her now…hate having to keep requipping my sword during fights.  This also cost me my paladin oath and 1000 gold :/ 

btw I’m still using EverBurn blade well into Act 2 for my paladin. While there are great loot for single handed melee weapons, I’m quite disappointed with the lack of powerful 2 handed weapons in this game , atleast so far early in Act 2… 

Finished saving both Isobel from Marcus and Halsin from the portal shadows, both being the two most challenging situations in Act 2 so far but still did them in my first attempt. The combat is really enjoyable now, the toughest learning curve really was in Act 1.  Really like Isobel’s character, hope there’s some potential romance there.

i must say the music in this game is simply outstanding! I keep listening to the mountain pass theme, the character creation theme, camp theme, alfiras song, down by the river, last light inn music, emerald grove etc every single piece is unique and interesting. Not since Witcher 3 did I enjoy game music this much. 

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

6 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

btw I’m still using EverBurn blade well into Act 2 for my paladin. While there are great loot for single handed melee weapons, I’m quite disappointed with the lack of powerful 2 handed weapons in this game , atleast so far early in Act 2… 

Jorgoral's (thanks wiki couldn't remember the name) Greatsword from one of the dudes in grymforge is better/more interesting because it gives an extra weapon ability. There's also a few weapons available from the vendors at last light and moonrise from what I recall. 

1 hour ago, Poobah said:

Jorgoral's (thanks wiki couldn't remember the name) Greatsword from one of the dudes in grymforge is better/more interesting because it gives an extra weapon ability. There's also a few weapons available from the vendors at last light and moonrise from what I recall. 

Didn’t find anything good in Last Light and might’ve missed the Grymforge one. Can I still access all of Act 1 areas ? Haven’t been to moonrise yet as I wanna do that last after clearing out the rest of the map/quests. I’ve only done the Halsin quest to remove the shadow and saved Isobel from abduction so far. 

9 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Didn’t find anything good in Last Light and might’ve missed the Grymforge one. Can I still access all of Act 1 areas ? Haven’t been to moonrise yet as I wanna do that last after clearing out the rest of the map/quests. I’ve only done the Halsin quest to remove the shadow and saved Isobel from abduction so far. 

You should be able to get back into Act 1 if you are in the Last Light. 

There are 2 good vendors in the Last light, there is the Quartermaster and Dammon, both of which have quite a few decent items you can get off of them. Obviously it's not a lot of epic quality shit, but I tended to fit out my party with stuff from them.

That Halsin fight I had to do a few times, but once you have the right spells at hand it was a lot easier.