NCAA Basketball 2023-24

Ramsay B.

I wasn’t planning to watch Oakland; but this has been a helluva game.

DJ Burns and Jack Gohlke on the floor together.  It’s the sort of thing CBS drools over for their promotional packages.

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Down to the Sweet 16 and not a single 1 or 2 seed upset yet.

Thats no fun at all.

But it will be much more fun later.  Last year's Final Four was so incredibly boring.

My alma mater is still playing in the post-season.  Not sure how.  The tournament is called the College Basketball Invitational.  I'm guessing that there are 150-200 people in the stadium watching.  

Edited by Teng Ai Hui

The game has changed.  I just heard a stat this morning that out of the 80 starters in the Sweet 16, only three were freshmen.

College basketball is much older now than it has been for the past decade and teams like Kentucky will have to adapt or be relegated to history.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:06 PM, The Big Stink said:

Elite 8=San Diego State, Iowa State, North Carolina, Arizona

0-4. Impressive.

2 hours ago, The Big Stink said:

Game against Illinois or UCONN could be good.

#1 and 2 Kenpom offenses going at it. Could definitely be a fun one. Illinois has decent size to matchup with Uconn too. Freshman Castle will be on Shannon and his defense has been elite. Steph and Clingan staying out of early foul trouble will be key.

Illinois’ defense is bad too so Uconn scoring shouldn’t be an issue barring a really off shooting night. Might be a classic grind them down with physicality and take over late second half for the Huskies.