Talk about the weather!

14 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

We will experience a 40 degree plunge in Fahrenheit over the next 24 hours as its called to drop from 57°F to 15°F by tommorow morning here in my area of Wisconsin.

Truly bizarre, im guessing 50% of our work crew will catch sore throats or flu based on their usual lack of immunity.

So this ended up being a bit understated, when I left for my work commute it was 65° F, its currently 14°F and snowing on its way down 10°F. Not particularly shocking for a low, but whats so crazy is that over 50° drop in temperature was within the space of about 12 hrs.

On 2/28/2024 at 5:05 AM, DireWolfSpirit said:

So this ended up being a bit understated, when I left for my work commute it was 65° F, its currently 14°F and snowing on its way down 10°F. Not particularly shocking for a low, but whats so crazy is that over 50° drop in temperature was within the space of about 12 hrs.

Sheesh!  Got frigidd back home as well.  Low 60's here, in the afternoon sun, but soon drops, particularly if there is some wind. Rather chilly in hotel room designed for very hot weather, where I am stuck today, nursing a sprained toe, in order to keep walking later!

And now starting Friday were supposed to climb back to the  50°s Farenheit for most of next week. Our trough went to 2° last night.

These gyrations really stress immune systems and some are already complaining about pollen affects. For my part ive tried to have extra rest.

• 4 weeks later...

It began raining before I got up -- and I got up at 6 AM.  It was pouring and blowing hard wind.  It is still pouring, and  blowing hard  at nearly 3 PM.  Expected to do so all into the evening and night.  Argh.  A Saturday!  All my outdoor chores and errands not being done!  We are trapped in here all day.  So we email our friends.  I must sent out 50 photos taken in Spain to an unfortunate group of 8 friends.  ARGHARGHARGH!!!

There's no Saturday action going on in our building, of people coming and going, talking on their fones.  The streets are quiet with the occasional exception of a siren from a cop car.  Everyone's hunkered down.

At least it isn't snow or tornadoes which so many are getting across the country -- or golf ball sized hail, which Cuba got today.

The weather, the weather, the weather. WTF.

Edited by Zorral

The US should brace for an “explosive” hurricane season this year, according to AccuWeather. Meanwhile, much of Europe will experience warmer-than-normal temperatures in April, continuing a trend that’s seen nine straight months of record highs.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2024-03-28/supply-chain-latest-baltimore-s-destroyed-bridge?

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't wear a jacket, or coat or sweater outside today, for the first time since October!  Low 70's, clear sky.  People eating gallons of ice cream whereever one looked!  Many young ladies in company with each other, sitting on the ice cream emporium patios, huddled together, watching, cheering on teams in the current women's NCAA basketball series.  Such a cheerful atmosphere!

Today was a lovely day in Connecticut.  Work in the am, golf in the afternoon.  Low seventies, 294Kelvin or so for the scientifically snooty.

Though if the haruspexes on the telly are any judge, we're definitely about to enter the April Showers Bring May Flowers part of New England weather.

We had bad storms last night. (Central Texas)

Started late afternoon with a tornado watch to 5pm, then a thunderstorm warning until 7pm, that got extended to 8:15 pm, then 9:00pm, then 11pm.  There were 5 distinct rounds of hail, first ones golf ball sized, last ones baseball sized.  Couldn't tell how far the lightning was by counting the time from flash to thunder as the thunder was continuous for 30 minutes or more, and never came as a single boom. It was still storming when I went to bed at nearly 1 am.

Went out early this morning. It was chilly, but my car and my baby tree both seem to be ok.