Dating Thread: In Memoriam

Just now, Spockydog said:

Ew. 

RIGHT!!!??? I was kind of surprised by that. Like, ah, there are some things I bought that don’t need to be returned. 

But, I think he was being very, very thorough, because there were also two Brooks Brothers hangers. A shirt that was his that he gave to me and I returned with his other stuff but he gave back to me.

I don’t know why. But then, Dua Lipa.

And just this morning, Tax Partner messaged me and said, “I have to tell you that you are one of the most kind and generous people I know, and don’t get taken advantage of.” A bit out of the blue, but he’s also texted me with a random “you are gorgeous and good in bed.” Followed up with “and smart!”

Men.

Gawds.  I can see the attraction goes deep with this one, but he is one confused dude.  Ask yourself, between now and dead, do I want to spend life waiting on him to figure it out?  Doesn't sound like you can get his attention with sex, for sure.  What type of person does he really want?  and Do you want to cram yourself into a mold to fit?  That's one option.  Do you want him so much that you're willing to change into his kind of woman?  Do you know what kind of woman is his ideal?

Feel free to ignore if you wish.  :)  

ETA:  I can see the convo has moved on.  I'm referring to The Doctor.

Edited by Tears of Lys

2 hours ago, Madame deVenoge said:

RIGHT!!!??? I was kind of surprised by that. Like, ah, there are some things I bought that don’t need to be returned. 

But, I think he was being very, very thorough, because there were also two Brooks Brothers hangers. A shirt that was his that he gave to me and I returned with his other stuff but he gave back to me.

I don’t know why. But then, Dua Lipa.

And just this morning, Tax Partner messaged me and said, “I have to tell you that you are one of the most kind and generous people I know, and don’t get taken advantage of.” A bit out of the blue, but he’s also texted me with a random “you are gorgeous and good in bed.” Followed up with “and smart!”

Men.

The man is spiting hot fire here. Respect! All he missed was "do you have a hot friend you're into that also wants to cum over?"

15 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Feel free to ignore if you wish.  :)  

No one wants to ignore you. even if Rock City has corrupted you.

7 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

Doh.  Never made the connection.  I too think of Motown, Motor City, etc.  I still love me some Motown music.

How about Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels?

They were around and popular, sure.  I was more of a Bob Seger fan.  I remember sitting on the side of the stage at a very small venue, between the amps (!) as Seger and his band at that time "The Last Heard" were playing "Heavy Music."  

I always thought Seger had one of the best rock and roll voices.  

Edited by Tears of Lys

Don't forget Kid Rock, who interestingly enough grew up very wealthy. Young Robert Ritchie's father owned many car dealerships. So Detroit. I'm offended he didn't double dip and buy some carwashes as well. Would have been the heady play. 

WTF?  So Detroit's rock and rollers are all MAGA lovers? I know Ted Nugent's political views very well.  He's an asshole.  

The only thing I know about Bob Seger's politics is that he's a firm proponent of fighting climate change.  I just happen to have liked the man's music.  You don't know as much about Detroit as you think you do.  

16 minutes ago, Tears of Lys said:

WTF?  So Detroit's rock and rollers are all MAGA lovers? I know Ted Nugent's political views very well.  He's an asshole.  

The only thing I know about Bob Seger's politics is that he's a firm proponent of fighting climate change.  I just happen to have liked the man's music.  You don't know as much about Detroit as you think you do.  

Is it really that surprising? I watched this documentary, maybe you've heard of it, called RoboCop, and it makes Detroit seem like a pretty crazy place. 

41 minutes ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Back to the important things!! Law Professor and I had a FANTASTIC date, and date 2 is on Saturday. There was a chaste kiss at the end of Date 1. 

So lick each other's faces is the goal for date two then, right?

21 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Chats would put Rick James to shame and let him know it. Then lick his face just because. 

Enjoy yourself. 

Duuude!!! That reminds me of the time I was in a crowded club and some frat bro sloshed beer on me.

I held out my arm and told him to lick it off. AND HE DID!! 

Edited by Madame deVenoge

1 hour ago, Madame deVenoge said:

Duuude!!! That reminds me of the time I was in a crowded club and some frat bro sloshed beer on me.

I held out my arm and told him to lick it off. AND HE DID!! 

Guess he was just thirsty in more than one way. :P