Dating Thread: In Memoriam

44 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I've read some proper horror stories about men not being able to perform, at all, after being sexually inactive for so long. Even with women they really, really, really, fancy.

Exactly, so get it out the way with someone who isn't perfect for you. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

She asked me, before the food had even arrived, if it was true that it had been so long, or was I just using it as some kind of pickup line. 

I mean, if I fancied her I might have leaned into it a bit more. But it just made me feel a bit weird and self conscious. 

Oh.  The Pity Play.  "You poor dear - you haven't had sex in five years?  Let me help you."

It worked in the movies, I guess.  "Some Like it Hot" with Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis.

ETA:  I "liked" BFC's response when I really meant to "laugh."  Demmit.

Edited by Tears of Lys

2 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

How the heck did the topic of sex come up so soon?  Did she initiate it?  If so, she's trying way too hard.  Have a little class!  

Unfortunately, some women these days feel that they have to offer their bodies to create some kind of instant attachment. 

It's pretty common, but not always in the sense you're discussing. A lot of women bring it up quickly in part because they want to find out if the other person is compatible with them. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Mate, I have a 100% record. I ain't risking that for anything.

So you're retired (from the game)?  Because if not, you're going to be risking it one way or another. 

41 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

So you're retired (from the game)?  Because if not, you're going to be risking it one way or another. 

Should have added a qualifier. Not gonna risk it unnecessarily :D

I mean, it is something I am definitely concerned about. 

Thinking I should get me a prescription from Numan as a contingency. 

Edited by Spockydog

1 hour ago, Tears of Lys said:

It worked in the movies, I guess.  "Some Like it Hot" with Marilyn Monroe and Tony Curtis.

OMG has there ever been a woman as gloriously beautiful as Marilyn in that film? 

Great fucking movie, btw. 

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Ah, shit. 

What happened?

She appreciates honesty. Kinda likes my stories of all the bad shit I did in the past (and it's been a very long time since I was a hood). Made an offhand joke about how a tiny part of me misses the life and she freaked. It wasn't meant to be serious, but she started crying and told she was worried it might not work, but also told me she loves me.

I really need to leave the past in the past and never say a word about it again. They were fun times though. 

56 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

She appreciates honesty. Kinda likes my stories of all the bad shit I did in the past (and it's been a very long time since I was a hood). Made an offhand joke about how a tiny part of me misses the life and she freaked. It wasn't meant to be serious, but she started crying and told she was worried it might not work, but also told me she loves me.

I really need to leave the past in the past and never say a word about it again. They were fun times though. 

Mate, I know this is new and really into this girl but that is a worry. 

On 2/26/2024 at 9:24 AM, Toth said:

I wonder whether the important bit is that you did it 10 years ago. I already noticed a difference between three years ago and last year on the same sites. More functions put behind paywalls and three years ago I at least had three conversations, last year none at all. A sentiment I've been seeing online is that the apps have become, much, much worse. At least on the Match-group sites that dominate the market. Or of course then there's the attractiveness thing...

Seems likey basically every internet service is getting noticeably worse. Enshittification in practice.

6 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Obviously I don't know all the details, but that sounds like a huge overreaction to a simple thing and innocuous thing.  

She did text me later saying she didn't know where it came from, but I still have to repair some shit. Part of it is she's just really protective of her kid. Telling her previously that I'm going to show her son what it's like to go 120 MPH in my sports car was probably a bad idea so just more stories about breaking the rules made her worry. That's my best guess at least.