Dating Thread: In Memoriam

Pretty much. I make a list of what goes in each bag then wash what needs to be cleaned. I'm traveling for two weeks with a carry on and a laptop bag. Space isn't that great, I need dress, casual and athletic clothes plus I am bringing a few gifts for her and the kiddo. Just trying to be efficient. She appreciates it and that's all that matters to me. 

24 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm with Ty. Prepping to pack means making sure everything you will need to pack is a, clean, and b, not lost. 

I just take my clothes that are clean.  If I need to do laundry beforehand I guess that would count as prepping.

23 minutes ago, DMC said:

I just take my clothes that are clean.  If I need to do laundry beforehand I guess that would count as prepping.

You don't make a checklist? I just hate forgetting a hat or swimsuit or whatever when I need one because I also pack the night before outside of the laptop bag. Having to buy something you already have is annoying. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

You don't make a checklist?

Nope.  Just count how many shirts, pants, etc. I’ll need for the trip and put em in the suitcase.  Packing for two weeks is tougher in terms of room.  I don’t think I could fit enough clean clothes without knowing I could do laundry there.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

You don't make a checklist? I just hate forgetting a hat or swimsuit or whatever when I need one because I also pack the night before outside of the laptop bag. Having to buy something you already have is annoying. 

Wtf mate? 

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You NEED 3 things for a trip, wallet, passport, tickets. Everything else is a want. 

Yes, I WANT to not have a massive depressive episode and withdrawals from lack of medicine while I'm on vacation

1 hour ago, DMC said:

What, you don't have a favourite shirt or a lucky pair of underpants?

Edited by Spockydog

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

What, you don't have a favourite shirt or a lucky pair of underpants?

Nope.  I guess I prefer some of my collared shirts more than others, but I honestly don’t worry about it when traveling.  And all my underpants are lucky.

This is all very boring and jejune for a dating thread, but here goes anyway. I have a checklist for travel always, usually its meds, electronics (like chargers, very important), toiletries and clothing. 

Everything else indeed is a want. For instance, protection and sex toys can and should be purchased on site. No need to give the fascist goons manning security any reason to stop you or judge you.

5 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I have a checklist for travel always, usually its meds, electronics (like chargers, very important), toiletries and clothing. 

I mean, yes, I suppose I have a mental checklist for toiletries and chargers - and frankly that’s even more important to go through when leaving a hotel - but are y’all saying you actually write this shit down?

No, its a mental one for me, but I always run through it before leaving the house and before checking out at a hotel.

For non-Americans, everything else indeed can be purchased, but not prescription medication. There are some emergency vacation supplies you might be able to wrangle at the holiday destination, but I want never to be in that position.