Friends: TV Show 1994 - 2004 (Sitcoms)

Damn, apparently I was only 3 years old when this show started.

This thread is two things.

1) I'm doing a re-watch, starting in one hour, and anyone who wants to watch it again with me can, and we can discuss it.

2) But more immediately, 1-6, list the best of the friends!

I shall begin number two below.

Edited by A True Kaniggit

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Dude… I’m easily old enough to be your Dad… wow… I was 23 when this show started…

Indeed... But 50 cent bet you have more hair on your head than me!

Now list the Friends from best to worst, in your honest opinion.

Pretty ashamed to admit I do have a rather encyclopedic knowledge of Friends despite it being the whitest show ever.  I watched it growing up - albeit stopped during high school/college during the later years - but that's not really why.  It's more so during the past fifteen or so years when it was on during the day.  Spending most of your adult life in academia, afternoons are often free.  So..it was either Friends, Judge Judy, or soap operas to have on while I'm working.

Anyway, my rankings.  Which..I'm not sure the criteria, this could go a lot of ways, but regardless - these are the definitive rankings and I'll have no arguments:

1. Chandler
  2. Phoebe
  3. Joey
  4. Rachel
  5. Monica
  6. And then...
  7. Then some more...
  8. Even more...
  9. Ross

The internet's been over this, but Ross sucks hard.  Not only is he an apparently absentee father, but also horrifically and admittedly bad at his job, of course just generally boring, and most importantly for the show - a pretty shitty friend. 

The Gellers do pretty poorly in general with the rankings, which is kinda ironic.  Except Elliot Gould as Jack, obviously.  Phoebe wanted him as much as Jacque Cousteau!

Ross might have been the worst, but Schwimmer was the funniest. The teeth, the tan, the leather trousers, the dancing tv show with Monica. The really hot but disgustingly messy blonde. I could go on and on.

Edited by Spockydog

Posted (edited)

Ross of course would be the worst (tied with Joey), if it were not for Phoebe. And you shall have arguments @DMC

Remember when Phoebe pretended to be possessed by a ghost?

(Or she really was possessed by a ghost)

Either way, just terrible.

Damn near ruined Susan's wedding.

Ross storylines always sucked in comparison.  Rebecca Romijn couldn't save that C storyline from being boring as fuck.  Nor his workplace adventures -- which I should actually identify with as a college instructor.  The British accent thing?  His sabbatical based on a turkey sandwich?  Knowing "unagi?"  Really was unfortunate these shit storylines were given more attention because Matthew Perry was too unreliable.  

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Remember when Phoebe pretended to be possessed by a ghost?

(Or she really was possessed by a ghost)

She never pretended she was a ghost, as far as I can recall.  She pretended her grandmother's ghost was possessing a cat.  And that was a pretty funny episode.  

2 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ross storylines always sucked in comparison.  Rebecca Romijn couldn't save that C storyline from being boring as fuck.  Nor his workplace adventures -- which I should actually identify with as a college instructor.  The British accent thing?  His sabbatical based on a turkey sandwich?  Knowing "unagi?"  Really was unfortunate these shit storylines were given more attention because Matthew Perry was too unreliable.  

I’ll be honest… I’d get upset at my boss stealing my lunch… and then throwing it away too.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Phoebe once grabbed the air around another character to remove their bad vibes.

Ross may have been boring, but he was sane.

Oh, yeah, there was also the other one where she pretended she was possessed by some older dead lady.  And her husband propositioned her.  Yeah, that was pretty funny too.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

She never pretended she was a ghost, as far as I can recall.  She pretended her grandmother's ghost was possessing a cat.  And that was a pretty funny episode.  

Nope, she pretended to be possessed in the lead up to Susan's wedding.

(Or she really was possessed)

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’ll be honest… I’d get upset at my boss stealing my lunch… and then throwing it away too.

Sure.  Wouldn't have to be medicated and go on sabbatical as a result though.

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Phoebe once grabbed the air around another character to remove their bad vibes.

Kinda just sounds like you hate hippies.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Oh, yeah, there was also the other one where she pretended she was possessed by some older dead lady.  And her husband propositioned her.  Yeah, that was pretty funny too.

Oh yeah. Separate thing than I was talking about. And she did give the cat back in the end.