The Death of House Frey

4 hours ago, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

I firmly believe that every Frey will die, maybe except for Olyvar and a few others. What do you think will happen to the bodies? It would be awesome if they impale them on spears, Vlad style, and display them on the path to the Kingsroad from the Twins. 

I think the Freys will be treated with great cruelty, by their enemies.

I bet Big Walder will survive. Mayhap's even to be Lord of the Crossing. Just a good bad feeling...

As for how most will die? Might one then recite that old nursery Ryman, "London Bridge is...

But I too, would like Olyvar to survive. Maybe he will take on the name Rosby, and its only the Frey name that will die.

Edited by Club-foot cleft-lips
y

3 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

There is no justice in your proposal. All the guilty are dead. It need not involve any more. 

18 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

He victimizes anyone who murders Starks.

I cant really tell what either of you are saying. Their is too much nuance in both of your statements, and I'm new.

@Darth Sidious Do you mean you believe that the Starks are guilty and therefore their deaths/justice should end their, or do you mean everyone who is guilty of killing or attempting to kill Starks are dead or have faced proper retribution, with Jamie losing his hand for bran's legs, Tywin for Ned's life, Joff for Rob's, Cersei's dignity for Sansa's ect. ?

@Ser Arthurs Dawn are you referring to the Sith Lord, or George? and how do you mean victimize, because victimize, meaning: "to make a victim of," maintains a nuance of what victim means in the context. It can mean to make a sympathetic target: "one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment", but also a divine target: "a living being sacrificed to a deity or in the performance of a religious rite".

7 minutes ago, Club-foot cleft-lips said:

I cant really tell what either of you are saying. Their is too much nuance in both of your statements, and I'm new.

@Darth Sidious Do you mean you believe that the Starks are guilty and therefore their deaths/justice should end their, or do you mean everyone who is guilty of killing or attempting to kill Starks are dead or have faced proper retribution, with Jamie losing his hand for bran's legs, Tywin for Ned's life, Joff for Rob's, Cersei's dignity for Sansa's ect. ?

@Ser Arthurs Dawn are you referring to the Sith Lord, or George? and how do you mean victimize, because victimize, meaning: "to make a victim of," maintains a nuance of what victim means in the context. It can mean to make a sympathetic target: "one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment", but also a divine target: "a living being sacrificed to a deity or in the performance of a religious rite".

My response to OP's comment was a cheeky remark about the other user, but I'll clarify. Darth Sidious is a hard-core anti-Starker and will paint people like Walder Frey, Craster, and Bowen Marsh as victims of "Stark injustice." He believes that Catelyn, Robb, and Jon all got what they deserved and that their murders were justified.

I don't mean to drag you into the drama though. :) But welcome to the forum!

7 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

No worries. Diverse perspectives and drama here and there can, at times, drive some of the most captivating debates. All good fun :D

Edited by Club-foot cleft-lips

There are a lot of Frey's that will meet their end in the near future. With a multitude of ways in which they'll meet their end. The wolves will feast. Needle will play a part. BWOB will take a share. No Frey that went north will survive.

I see the Frey family itself tearing itself apart once old Walder is gone. ( A dance of Frey's? )

Yet, I hope a branch or two will survive, or at least the ones not involved in the RW.

16 hours ago, Club-foot cleft-lips said:

No worries. Diverse perspectives and drama here and there can, at times, drive some of the most captivating debates. All good fun :D

Up to a point... There is a cadre of posters who are hardcore Dany-stans and will post any old nonsense about the "evil" Starks, whether in original threads or in other people's discussions. It gets extremely tedious. Occasionally they give themselves away by calling Dany "Khaleesi". You'll get to know who they are.

Edited by Alester Florent

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

“Sansa stared coldly down at the Lord of the Crossing;

“I’ve killed women and children.  I’ve killed everything that walks or crawls at some point.  And I’m here to kill you, Walder Frey, for what you did to Robb.”

"Together we do whatever it takes, we're in this pack for life. Awoooo! We're wolves! We own the night!"

And then she gets on all fours and charges at Walder's neck.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:11 AM, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

My response to OP's comment was a cheeky remark about the other user, but I'll clarify. Darth Sidious is a hard-core anti-Starker and will paint people like Walder Frey, Craster, and Bowen Marsh as victims of "Stark injustice." He believes that Catelyn, Robb, and Jon all got what they deserved and that their murders were justified.

Indeed. But the absolute bestest part of this lunatic “interpretation” of the story is that these diehard Targ fans aka TARGAs/Stark haters is that they think Dany of all people would condone the actions of Walder Frey, Tywin Lannister, Roose Bolton and other villains just b/c these nasty arseholes took action against the Starks. And what makes this so fucking hilarious is that these readers claim to be Dany fans but they don’t get the character at all! :rofl:

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Indeed. But the absolute bestest part of this lunatic “interpretation” of the story is that these diehard Targ fans aka TARGAs/Stark haters is that they think Dany of all people would condone the actions of Walder Frey, Tywin Lannister, Roose Bolton and other villains just b/c these nasty arseholes took action against the Starks. And what makes this so fucking hilarious is that these readers claim to be Dany fans but they don’t get the character at all! :rofl:

Especially, given it's the Lannisters, not the Starks, who bear the blame for what befell her and her family.

On 4/3/2024 at 1:13 PM, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

"Together we do whatever it takes, we're in this pack for life. Awoooo! We're wolves! We own the night!"

And then she gets on all fours and charges at Walder's neck.

Actually, there should be a paragraph before my last one.

"Sansa pulled the trigger, and the bolt flew straight and true, burying itself in Lame Lothar's black heart.  He collapsed to the floor, wheezing.

"You are one goddam cowardly bitch", shrieked his father, "you just shot an unarmed man!

Should've thought to arm himself, before he decorated my brother's body with his direwolf's head."

Edited by SeanF

On 4/3/2024 at 7:50 AM, Alden Rothack said:

the thing about the freys is that there are so many of them that even killing 99% of them leaves some of them out

with at least 102+ living freys, counting bastards, this checks out.