The Dark Knight part deux

Mexal

[quote name='Raidne' post='1449391' date='Jul 21 2008, 19.54']I say bring on the Catwoman, because I'd like to see more Bruce Wayne and there'd be a lot of her and Bruce running into each other out of costume at various society functions. And I say cast Angelina Jolie. I'm sure she's a too-obvious choice for all of you, but she's great in action flicks IMO.[/quote]
:wideeyed: Ooooh! Angelina Jolie would be great! :drool: She'd look ok with black hair and green contacts, too.

Seems folks here have already mentioned all the top-runners in IGN's opinion as the best villains for Nolans vision. Happy to see Talia al Ghul at the top.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1449391' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.54']Good recaps of the villains and how they could be worked into Nolan's version here:

[url="http://comics.ign.com/articles/888/888464p1.html"]Part One[/url]

[url="http://comics.ign.com/articles/891/891521p1.html"]Part Two[/url]

I say bring on the Catwoman, because I'd like to see more Bruce Wayne and there'd be a lot of her and Bruce running into each other out of costume at various society functions. And I say cast Angelina Jolie. I'm sure she's a too-obvious choice for all of you, but she's great in action flicks IMO.[/quote]

I thought pretty much every one of their suggestions was uniformly bad.

Seriously, after this quote:

[quote]This realism isn't going to last forever.[/quote]

I knew for sure they were missing the point.

i'm not expert on Batman but here's some crazy ideas I'll throw out for the next one:

James Gandolfini as the Penguin, as a non-campy, non-flippered, arms dealer.

Clive Owen or Huge Laurie as the Riddler. Make it really ultra dark with a cerebral-style villian in the style of the movie Seven.

I agree Shryke, its just a damn good thing they aren't screen writers. It was annoying how hung up they were on Talia and linking every other character to her and a plot involving her or Ra's in some way. Personally if a third film rocks around I don't want a mention of the league of shadows. In fact, why bother with a 'big bad' at all?

Make it about Batman trying to protect a city that now hates him, dodging the police as he tries to fight crime. Make the cops the 'villains', or Batman himself the so called 'villain'.

I did find [url="http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/07/21/bob-thompson-fugitive-style-chase-movie-with-mad-hatter-and-catwoman-for-third-batman-flick.aspx"]this[/url] article about the 3rd movie

I swear I remember reading that if they produced a third movie it would focus more on Two-Face. But with all the debate going on about whether or not he's alive (I think he is, you see him breathe), who knows?

I think Two-face could work, but only if another villain(s) was also introduced. Hmmmm.

The Riddler could be fun, but I can see that going the way of the Saw movies too easily. Catwoman could work, but that's pretty light-hearted, thievery capers, etc. Hugo Strange could be truly frightening if done right... but that might lean Batman too much in the psychological thriller section.

Talia might make for an interesting challenge, and bring the League of Shadows back into the picture.

[quote name='Lucky Pierre' post='1449438' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.30']I did find [url="http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/theampersand/archive/2008/07/21/bob-thompson-fugitive-style-chase-movie-with-mad-hatter-and-catwoman-for-third-batman-flick.aspx"]this[/url] article about the 3rd movie[/quote]

It's only speculation but I always thought a 3rd movie would be titled 'The Caped Crusader'. Just seemed to fit with the 2nd title.

Hmm, think about my idea with the Riddler, I think you'll still need some sort of physical threat. I was thinking maybe Bane as an additional antagonist. Make him a hulked out steroid popper who's taking over the void left by the Joker and the mob, being manipulated by/working for the Riddler. He can the brawn.

[quote]Eh, no it wasnt. He was out of his mind superb regardless.[/quote]

I agree that his acting was superb regardless of whether or not Ledger died. However, the sense of importance of the work is “heightened” because Ledger died. That was what I was saying. I am not saying his acting somehow got better because he died (an impossibility), rather I am saying that the roll takes on more meaning to many because it was (for all intents and purposes) his last. Therefore, when people view the movie, there is a sense that “I hope this is special, its his last movie.”

And it was. The desire for his performance to be great is “heightened.” Which is why my next line is “even had this (Ledger’s detah) not occurred, the role is still special.”

[quote name='Rockroi' post='1449457' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.40']I agree that his acting was superb regardless of whether or not Ledger died. However, the sense of importance of the work is “heightened” because Ledger died. That was what I was saying. I am not saying his acting somehow got better because he died (an impossibility), rather I am saying that the roll takes on more meaning to many because it was (for all intents and purposes) his last.[/quote]

Actually, I read that they are still moving forward with his Terry Gilliam movie, Doctor Parnasus (sp?). Since his character is supernatural in nature, IIRC his appearance will change throughout the film, so a few other well-known actors have stepped up to take the parts.

Still, have to agree with Shryke, his line about "doing this forever" was so perfect and so sad at the same time.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1449459' date='Jul 21 2008, 19.42']The really sad part is his last scene, when he's hanging upside down and he says "I could see us doing this forever." :cry:[/quote]
Yeah. That was really an emotional blow for me. Really exemplified the loss.

Guest Raidne
[quote name='Shryke' post='1449411' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.09']I thought pretty much every one of their suggestions was uniformly bad.

Seriously, after this quote:

I knew for sure they were missing the point.[/quote]

Ummmm...it's a list of pretty much [i]every[/i] Batman villain. How would you realistically portray Dr. Kirk Langstrom, i.e. the giant man-bat? :rolleyes: The quoted commentary was tongue-in-cheek.

But I know, I know. God forbid anything posted to the internet go uncriticized.

Anyway, I kinda [i]like[/i] their casting of Michael Emerson (who plays Ben Linus on Lost) as the Riddler.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1449522' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.15']Ummmm...it's a list of pretty much [i]every[/i] Batman villain. How would you realistically portray Dr. Kirk Langstrom, i.e. the giant man-bat? :rolleyes: The quoted commentary was tongue-in-cheek.

But I know, I know. God forbid anything posted to the internet go uncriticized.

Anyway, I kinda [i]like[/i] their casting of Michael Emerson (who plays Ben Linus on Lost) as the Riddler.[/quote]

The whole thing was tongue in cheek?

Archived