Lost Season 5 Thread 1

Werthead

[quote name='Dinsdale!' post='1667660' date='Jan 29 2009, 19.20']I think Daniel knows Eloise is his mother. I wonder if he says anything to her while he's off-screen?[/quote]

Yeah, the way he said one line was telling. "You remind me so much of . . . someone I used to know."

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1667806' date='Jan 30 2009, 00.09']Uhmm, yeah. She robs banks and blows shit up. My kind of woman. :smoking:[/quote]

Correction: She robs banks to recover a toy airplane. Goddamn her backstory is so convoluted and boring.

And I agree with everything Starkess said. Worst character on the show by far.

[quote name='Brady' post='1667856' date='Jan 30 2009, 00.12']Juliet has this constant pained expression on her face. Like she's constipated.

Goddammit, why do I keep posting in this thread.[/quote]

If by "constant pained expression," you meant to write "constant hotness," then yes. But I don't think you meant that. I just think she has an amazing body and unlike most of the other characters, doesn't at any point strip down to show it off. Not that I'd be against that.

[quote name='Lightning Lord' post='1668200' date='Jan 30 2009, 10.04']If by "constant pained expression," you meant to write "constant hotness," then yes. But I don't think you meant that. I just think she has an amazing body and unlike most of the other characters, doesn't at any point strip down to show it off. Not that I'd be against that.[/quote]

Yes, she does. Bikini/swimsuit scenes on this show seem to be a requirement for many of the women and hers was a brown two piece in one of her flashback scenes with Goodwin in Season 4's The Other Woman.

Very nice if I recall correctly. ;)

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1668306' date='Jan 30 2009, 10.36']Yes, she does. Bikini/swimsuit scenes on this show seem to be a requirement and hers was a brown two piece in one of her flashback scenes with Goodwin in Season 4's The Other Woman.

Very nice if I recall correctly. ;)[/quote]

I am not sure I saw that episode. I think I would remember. I missed an episode or two, which I didn't realize until I saw the preview to this season's premier. I also don't remember Hurley finding the VW in the jungle, just him driving it onto the beach.

I feel cheated. I want to see that episode. :drool:

[quote name='Brady' post='1667856' date='Jan 30 2009, 01.12']Juliet has this constant pained expression on her face. Like she's constipated.

Goddammit, why do I keep posting in this thread.[/quote]
That too shall pass after she gets some Sawyer's lovin'. I think he's going to bang her - he's like the only one on the island who gets around - first Ana Lucia, then Kate, now Juliet. :thumbsup:

[quote name='Brahm_K' post='1668192' date='Jan 30 2009, 09.55']Correction: She robs banks to recover a toy airplane. Goddamn her backstory is so convoluted and boring.

And I agree with everything Starkess said. Worst character on the show by far.[/quote]

:o

No words.

[quote name='Lightning Lord' post='1668310' date='Jan 30 2009, 11.40']I am not sure I saw that episode. I think I would remember. I missed an episode or two, which I didn't realize until I saw the preview to this season's premier. I also don't remember Hurley finding the VW in the jungle, just him driving it onto the beach.

I feel cheated. I want to see that episode. :drool:[/quote]

You didn't see The Other Women? That's one of Ben's awesomest episodes.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1668190' date='Jan 30 2009, 09.51']Yeah, the way he said one line was telling. "You remind me so much of . . . someone I used to know."[/quote]

I rewatched the episode; Faraday clearly knows how fucked up his life is at that point but I don't know how he knows what he knows. His mom thought he was coming on to her, so did Charlotte.

What a jughead.

Wasn't Jughead suspended on that tower-thing just above a hatch? As if it was brought up there to be dropped onto it? Now that is not something the Others would do, but we have seen in season 1 how very difficult some of these hatches are to open - might it be that the US army brought a hydrogen bomb to the Island specifically to blow open a pre-Dharma hatch there, after all their other attempts failed?

[quote name='ProfSpender' post='1668594' date='Jan 30 2009, 16.09']Wasn't Jughead suspended on that tower-thing just above a hatch? As if it was brought up there to be dropped onto it? Now that is not something the Others would do, but we have seen in season 1 how very difficult some of these hatches are to open - might it be that the US army brought a hydrogen bomb to the Island specifically to blow open a pre-Dharma hatch there, after all their other attempts failed?[/quote]

But the hatches are all made by Dharma- and using a hydrogen bomb to open something does not seem like the cleverest idea to me.

Just a general question:

To what extent are you worried that Lost is going to "jump the shark?"

It was said earlier: time travel can bring a show to new heights, but only if it is pulled off correctly. More commonly, it ends up being totally ludicrous. At the end of season 4, time travel entering the fray was apparent. I haven't been hugely impressed with this season and they have me concerned.

I don't know for sure of course, but it seems like the show is losing it a bit. Thoughts? Can they keep it together, keep it cohesive, even with this plot device?

[quote name='Brahm_K' post='1668604' date='Jan 30 2009, 21.17']But the hatches are all made by Dharma- and using a hydrogen bomb to open something does not seem like the cleverest idea to me.[/quote]

Yeah, this episode was set at least 20 years before the DHARMA guys came to the Island. I'm not sure what agency would build a 'pre-DHARMA' hatch, unless it was an installation built by the Others themselves, and they seem to lack the ability.

Another thing to say nix on the bomb = hatch idea. We do know that the bomb was nowhere near the hatch; it was substantially further inland and in a separate clearing. So in order for the bomb to the the hatch Dharma uses, we'd have to move the bomb about 10-12 miles while it's leaking radiation to bury it.

Instead of, ya know, disposing of it right there.

just doesn't seem likely. But it's Lost, so chances are they'll claim bombs are magnetic.

1. They probably don't want it near there camp, just in case something goes wrong.

2. They (or the island) most likely found a use for it, as the hatch was built where it was for a reason. I have a feeling it is tied to the bomb.

3. Why do you assume they are 12 miles away from the hatch?

[quote name='Lightning Lord' post='1668613' date='Jan 30 2009, 16.23']Just a general question:

To what extent are you worried that Lost is going to "jump the shark?"[/quote]

Little to no concern here at the moment.

Right now, for this season, time travel is helping put together a lot of the crazy stuff from the early times into perspective and though it might feel like a ret-con occasionally, things the writers seemingly hashed out of thin air in seasons one and two are suddenly finding feet with the time travel in season five.

For now, I don't see any shark jumping. Now, or on the horizon. Season six might be another matter though. Ask the question then. If they're still time travelling.

Archived