It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

I've also noticed that Frank seems to be the odd man out in this season. Not many episodes have really utilized him very well. I thought he was a great addition to the cast in seasons 2 and 3. The younger members of the gang all have that manic, fast-paced style that provides the backbone of the comedy, but I've always thought that Frank's crabby, shady old man persona worked well as a contrast.

• 4 months later...
I saw the title of this and fucking wigged out because I thought it was a new thread!

One of my favorites is Charlie in the mail room chainsmoking on how the mail never stops and his system for sorting it. But anything Charlie does drives me to insane laughter. Like huffing the glue, eating catfood and pissing in a bucket to even go to sleep at night. The turd episode was amazing as well. "I see newspaper in it" "Inconclusive!"

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1705490' date='Mar 2 2009, 19.12'][url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1301978/"]Boldly Going Nowhere[/url], a future comedy written and produced by the three main guys, which has been described as "Sunny in Space". How will it last on network television?[/quote]
Looks like the show has been picked up for five episodes so far. With that creative team behind it, I don't see how it could fail. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it when it eventually airs.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1705490' date='Mar 2 2009, 20.12'][url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1301978/"]Boldly Going Nowhere[/url], a future comedy written and produced by the three main guys, which has been described as "Sunny in Space". How will it last on network television?[/quote]

So is it on regular Fox? Hopefully that won't neuter the guys style; if it doesn't this show has the chance to be all kinds of awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
God, I just became aware of this show this week, and it is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I blasted through season 1-4 in a period of a few days. It is so wrong. The musical number for the season 4 finale is some of the funniest shit on television. "[url="http://www.hulu.com/watch/46574/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-troll-toll#x-4,vclip,1"]You gotta pay the troll toll to get into the boy's hole[/url].". What they do to each other and anyone else is disturbing. They are all evil and twisted. I love it.

My favorite moment of the series is when Charlie is the referee for the kid's basketball game, and starts playing against both sides, blocking shots ect....

My favorite moment of season 4 was Charlie [url="http://www.hulu.com/watch/42726/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-loses-his-mind#s-p1-st-i1"]going crazy[/url] in the mailroom, thinking it was all a big conspiracy. I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

Seriously, if you have never seen this show, watch it.

• 5 months later...

Anyone catch last night's premiere? I thought it was a weak episode but I did like the "We'll outdo that bitch!" line by Dee.

Also, what in the world was up with that spy cartoon afterwords? I wasn't impressed by that either and I kept checking the channel to see if I had accidently switched to the late night Cartoon Network shows.

I was pretty disappointed to be honest. No real resolution from Charlie's storyline (which just didn't have it). Sweet Dee was a bit over the top as was Mac as Vic Vinegar (even for Sunny, although Vic Vinegar is an amazing name). I think there was the most potential at the end with Dennis and Mac as the gay couple trying to drive up the price of the surrogate but that was pretty underutilized.

God only knows what was going on with that cartoon. With the 1 hour time slot, I thought the episode was an hour long or a double season premier..that was..shit.

Just like The Office premier I was a little underwhelmed with this as well. I think they tried to stuff an hour long premier into the half hour time slot. I think/hope the lawyer is being set up as Charlie's nemesis for the season and that's why they didn't finish the storyline.

Just like The Office premier I was a little underwhelmed with this as well. I think they tried to stuff an hour long premier into the half hour time slot. I think/hope the lawyer is being set up as Charlie's nemesis for the season and that's why they didn't finish the storyline.

I demand satisfaction!

Yeah, I thought it was a weak episode for the series, though still fairly funny. It wasn't written by any of the main cast, so that might be a reason. Strange episode to start the season off, though maybe there's going to be some continuity throughout the season that needs to be preserved. I thought the cartoon had its moments, but I was disappointed that it wasn't going to be an hour long episode of Sunny.

"The Gang Hits the Road" was so fucking hilarious. The tape deck. The "gypsies". Bozo. The pear. The wicker chair wiener roast. This piss, oh the piss.

I couldn't stop laughing the entire episode. I'm going to watch it again right now.

I only gave this episode a 6/10 on the Sunny Funny scale. I thought Bozo was funny and the States contest, and Dee was hilarious talking to the runaway but that was about it. It was one of those episodes where I thought the Gang might be trying too hard.

The first episode was hilarious.

I only gave this episode a 6/10 on the Sunny Funny scale. I thought Bozo was funny and the States contest, and Dee was hilarious talking to the runaway but that was about it. It was one of those episodes where I thought the Gang might be trying too hard.

The first episode was hilarious.

I agree. a few funny moments, but not my favorite. I found out too late the cast was in SF last night doing a live performance of "the nightman cometh". only singles were left and I hate to sit alone. That, was a classic.

Archived