Football no. 11

Horza

Sweden lost to England after penalties this evening, but despite this it was a great game and especially a great second half for us. After the first half the score was 3-0 to England; this after three corners which resulted in goals half because of crappy defending and half because of luck, but in the second half we came back and scored three great goals and took it to penalties. We really deserved to win this game, since England basically didn't have a proper goal chance apart from the ones the managed to score, but I'm still really proud of how our team preformed.

Here you can see all six goals scored during normal play.

ETA: There were many Sweding players who did well tonight, but Marcus Berg was immense. Both his goals were top class and now he was scored seven goals in four games.

Germany looked better than against England, still Italy dominated for most of the game and created a lot more chances. It seems that Manuel Neuer is at least a demi-god.

England's U-21 seemed all set to emulate the senior team with Milner playing David Beckham but they scraped through. Is Hart now suspended for the final?

So CR7 is now officially a Real Madrid player... so its bye bye to CR7 and hello to CR9 or CR10.

And secondly, Real Madrid have signed Raul Albiol. A great international centraldefender from Valencia, as you know. With Albiol, Pepe, Garay, Metzelder and Heinze (he might leave to PSG) I think our central defense is more than covered.

Now, our next objectives:

-Either Villa, Benzema or Ibra. My gut feeling tells me it can be Villa

-Ribery

-Xabi Alonso

-Arbeloa

:drool:

I'm guessing 3 of those will fall. I hope so.

Anyone who doubts that the World Cup 2010 will be a home field for all African teams, just look at how Didier Drogba got mobbed by South African kids when he went on holiday there. It was a clip on Sky Sports and afterwards they interviewed him.

Just heard Brad Friedel talking with announcers about the USA game after an MLS game here, and yes he definitely has developed a bit of an accent from the UK. He may not even notice it, but it's pretty noticeable to ppl here. I keep laughing bc it's amazing how much your accent changes unless you work to keep it. I moved south from the Northeast but I consciously did not pick up a Southern accent.

Just heard Brad Friedel talking with announcers about the USA game after an MLS game here, and yes he definitely has developed a bit of an accent from the UK. He may not even notice it, but it's pretty noticeable to ppl here. I keep laughing bc it's amazing how much your accent changes unless you work to keep it. I moved south from the Northeast but I consciously did not pick up a Southern accent.

Yeah. I hope someone shoots me if I start dropping all my Rs and calling things "wicked."

And where R you originally from, if I might ask? :cool:

East Tennessee actually. Around Knoxville. I don't have much of a southern accent either though. I have a pretty neutral american accent. Where you from up here?

East Tennessee actually. Around Knoxville. I don't have much of a southern accent either though. I have a pretty neutral american accent. Where you from up here?

Buffalo NY. Born near Phili. My oldest sister was born in Brooklyn, my middle sister born in Jersey. But we've all been in Texas for years now. But we're still Yankees at heart. My sister owns a townhouse in Long Island so we get back to the area from time to time.

We tuned in to see SA up 1-0 (somewhere in the 75th minute or so) and were pretty surprised by the result. The rest of the match was highly entertaining, complete with OH NO THEY DIDN'T each time Spain scored, and then the SA equalizer. That final goal from Alonso was a beauty.

I have to mute the game because of it, like a giant fly buzzing in my ear constantly.

They must go in stages, because I do not know how they can blow them that long. I can only imagine how annoying they would be at the stadium. :sick:

Archived