RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

God.

I thought this couldn't be real either. :( I am still thinking maybe he is reading these posts and will erupt on the scene to tell us what namby-pambies we are.

Sorry this is just too much to take in. (Nevertheless I'm sitting here in tears)

He's the last person I would imagine going.

To Chris and his family - Tom (EHK) has left a huge legacy here, in this community - like a celebrity of the board, he will rant passionately on in our memories.

I also met him at Glasgow Worldcon, looking so young with an unexpectly diffident smile. I gave him a big hug and he was surprised and relieved, having been unsure whether he would get lynched, given his controversial board posts at the time.

:grouphug:

I'm a bit of a lurker (though I try to post in topics where I feel opinionated), but even still EHK's loss hurts. His posts were always well thoughtout and I relied on his commentary over North Korea and Iran. I truly knew that things were bad in Iran when EHK couldn't even rant about it. He will surely be missed. Condolences to his family, both here on the board, and out there in the world.

The board will be all the worse without you.

I'll be drinking a glass of whatever the hell I can find in the house to your memory.

I don't think that the two of us ever agreed on a single thing. A lot of times, I waded into topics that he'd been sighted in dreading what he was going to have to say after I put my two cents in. I may not have liked a lot of what he had to say, but I really liked the way that he always said it. I respected his posts... I really do not know what else to say.

EHK, you will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace.

He'll be sadly missed. I always enjoyed reading his posts, even when I disagreed with his position; hearing the opinions of somebody that passionate is always an engaging experience. The board is a poorer place without him.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I kept hoping this was a tasteless joke. We had a run in or two, as everyone who has been here a decent length of time, probably did, but I always enjoyed arguing with him and reading his rants. He will be badly missed.

I just saw Mormont's sig in the AFfC subforum and thought it was a joke...I have no words, really. :(

Chris, my most sincere condolences to you and your family. I'm very grateful that you took the time to post on here and let us know about Tom. He was full of life, and he will be sorely missed here.

I hope he's kicking back with Optimus Prime. RIP, Tom. :(

Archived