RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

I would like to meet him in the next world when I get there. Not sure how I'll do that since I didn't know him in this life other than through the this site. I suppose I'll just check out the smokers corner when I get there.

My condolences to those on this site who knew Tom for real.

How poignant that he was logged in to this forum so that his brother could post a last farewell for him.

Edit: Just noticed those photos. So weird putting a face to the online persona after the person has passed away. Funny, it's not at all how I pictured him.

I have been working on a page design for the EHK website that will be a permanent home for his quotes, rants and tributes.

This is a work in progress design for the home page which gives you a good idea of how I intend to organise content. Before I go any further I just want to get some opinions on whether everyone is OK with the design, colours, fonts, images being used, etc.

The hyperlinks are not addressed meaning if you click on them it will just refresh the page. The quick quotes section will display a random EHK quote using a PHP script, this is not yet done so don't refresh expecting the quote to change.

EHK website

Please note this will not be the URL where the site lives, this is just sitting on my webspace right now and I will purchase a domain for the site once it is close to being finished.

So comments please. Am I on the right track or is this all completely wrong?

Guest thebadlady

That is really awesome. :) There are some nice EHK pics from Glasgow - perhaps people can link them so they can be added?

It looks great. I think it's a fitting tribute to a great man.

I will be meeting with Crystal, Tom's little sister, in a couple of weeks to talk to her about him and tell her more about what he was like on the forum as well as a chance to get to hear more about what he was like in real life. It turns out she lives quite close to me, so she sent me an email in response to my writing a note in the guestbook for his obituary.

I will obviously try to give her the best picture I can of him, telling her of the side of him that we saw (since it was one that she never knew). But if people have particular anecdotes they might like me to relate, especially people who met him in Glasgow, can they please send them to me via PM (or post them here)?

I feel really honored to have this opportunity to talk to someone in his family and I want to make sure I can help give her as complete a picture as possible.

Thanks, guys.

EHK was always able to say what I thought, except in more extreme, outraged tones, and a genuine underlining passion and sincerity. His emotion was never fake; it was always gloriously real. Plus, I always loved reading his posts and mentally pumping my fist up, going, "Fuck yeah! Screw the establishment, make way for generation EHK!"

very impressive, MG.

I've been absent from the board for awhile and I found out from YW. I'm still in shock. EHK was so much a part of this board. He'll be deeply missed

Archived