RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

thebadlady,

Tom was always so much fun in person. He was much kinder than you would expect from his posts and he had a wickedly funny sense of humor. It was always a joy and delight to talk to Tom. He had a strong opinion on just about every thing you could bring up. He was never boring. It would be impossible to pick one memory as my favorite, but there are two that I think shows what a fun and wonderful person Tom was: first was singing in a bar in Amsterdam - I sang Nine Inch Nails and Violet Femmes and Tom sang showtunes and a couple of country songs. We laughed and laughed at each other's choices. Anther great memory is going out to eat and both of us wanted the entire menu so we agreed to order different things and share. We ate with a will and I looked up to get my share of his meal and Tom had totally cleaned his plate and was looking at my food quite intently with a knife in one hand and a fork in the other. I knew it was a lost cause and slid my food over to him. Actually, there is a third - we left the bar after singing and him and I had a very heated argument on how to get back to the hotel. We were both completely wrong, but we had a hell of a good discussion about it. :lol: He was intense in everything he did, totally passionate.

Honestly, all my Tom memories are my favorite memories of him. When I first read the news all those snippets of memory flew past and it seemed impossible my friend was gone. But above all, you have lost a family member - I know Tom was devoted to his family. He spoke of all of you with the highest regard and love, and he spoke of you often. A lot of people grudgingly go to family events but not Tom - he loved spending time with his family. I think the happiest I saw him was when he talked about going to a relative's wedding and did the polka. Chris, Tom especially spoke of the fun he had debating with you and your dad; and Crystal - I remember how excited he was when you turned 21 and he could take you out with him.

I really miss him.

I must admit I envy you your memories of EHK. I wish I could have met him in person like you did!

Chris,

Like everyone else here I add once again my condolences. I have two brothers myself (who both are also in their late 20's), and I couldn't imagine what it would be like to lose one of them. Even though I have never met you or your brother I feel very strong empathy for what you are going through!

I know that there is nothing (unfortunately) that can bring your brother back, but I hope that at least the fact that people such as the ones on this board that have never met your brother in person are grieving to such an extent at least shows that he has made an impact in this world, even if his life was definitely much too short! Rest assured, he will be missed! :cry:

This is what I get back to? Fuck.

Probably the only poster whose rants I'd read (and look forward to) on any subject, whether I agreed with him or not. Wish I'd been more on the board recently, and in chat, always good fun chatting with him. He'll be missed.

Condolences to the family.

Hey Everyone,

This is Tommy's little sister, Crystal. I want to thank everyone. I saw the website of my brother and I want to thank all who put that together. It is really amazing to read more about my brother. If there is anything you like for me send about my brother, like pictures or anything to put onto the website, let me know. Thank You so much for such a wonderful website about my brother. I will be sharing this with my family. Don't be shy on what you put there, my family will love it. Thank You.

I met up with Elrostar for lunch today and him and I had good reminiscing my brother. I have told him how he was growing up and he told me how he was on here. One thing he told me that I had no clue about is that Tommy was an Avril Lavigne fan. I had no clue on that. I always knew my brother as being a heavy metal 80's rock. Elrostar asked me if Tommy ever allowed me to play with his Transformers when we were kids. Tommy didn't but our mother did. :-) Being a young child I did break one of his toys. I do believe it was Soundwave. Couple Christmases ago, my mom and I bought him the first addition 80's Soundwave. He seriously screamed like a little kid again. That toy ment so much to him than anything else. I knew he loved Transformers.

Thank You All So Much

Crystal

I am truly shocked about this, I saw the thread when I managed to get online a couple of weeks ago but seriously thought it was a joke, the last post in the thread was from his account.

Visenya actually contacted me about it and all I can say is that I am extremely saddaned by his passing I liked and respected EHK very much even when I disagreed with him.

The world is a poorer place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Litechick

Yes I have all the EHK posts I could find saved on my PC at home and I have been meaning to get back to work on the site. The problem is other time consuming projects that I have going on and I do feel really bad about the lack of time I've had for the EHK site since August.

I really could use some help and will gladly take you up on your offer :)

PM your email address to me and I will send you page templates and some other handy documents with which you can get started with. I'm afraid the job requires a lot of rather dull copying and pasting to get the required text into the right places, but the interesting part will be making editorial decisions about which posts to include and where to index them on the site.

If anyone else would like to offer their assistance that would be very much appreciated :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess somewhat fortunately EHK missed out on Virginia's going (mostly) anti-smoking, but I'd like to think I speak for him when I say

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

I've been back to this forum for a couple months, but I'd not come into the general forum. So stunningly I'd missed this all. EHK was always someone I got along well with. Hell right now in my inbox here I have a couple of messages we sent back and forth to eachother. Knowing now he has passed away makes me very sad. You will be remembered.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived