RIP EHK

EHK for Darwin

• 10 months later...

I've never seen myself as an emotional type of person, but when I read this post, it just ruined my day even though I never knew him :crying:

Perhaps it's because I too, have once lost someone dear to me. R.I.P Tom A.K.A EHK for Darwin

• 3 months later...

This was a very interesting and opinionated poster, and I think that a major reason why people still respect his memory til today is because of his honesty and ability to admit that he was wrong.

You wouldn't know this, but he was a huge supporter of the initial Iraq invasion and is for all intent or purpose a neocon, but then publicly admitted that he was wrong about every thing on the subject.

I'm amused by the thought of how many of these weaksauce fl00b trolls would've been torn a new one by EHK if he'd been around the last five years. Torn to shreds.

This was a very interesting and opinionated poster, and I think that a major reason why people still respect his memory til today is because of his honesty and ability to admit that he was wrong.

You wouldn't know this, but he was a huge supporter of the initial Iraq invasion and is for all intent or purpose a neocon, but then publicly admitted that he was wrong about every thing on the subject.

Yes, I found it really admirable that he admitted that he was wrong. And it was such fun to argue with him, as he was passionate about the subject but also listened to arguments of the other side.

Yes, I found it really admirable that he admitted that he was wrong. And it was such fun to argue with him, as he was passionate about the subject but also listened to arguments of the other side.

Not to steal something from the books, but that was the thing (for me) about him - he was steel, not iron. He would listen, argue and might change his mind.

I mean, not about smoking, but almost everything else.

Not to steal something from the books, but that was the thing (for me) about him - he was steel, not iron. He would listen, argue and might change his mind.

I mean, not about smoking, but almost everything else.

But lo, was he forged in Valyrian steel - astonishingly light, impossibly sharp, and filled with flame... :)

• 10 months later...

I wonder what he'd make of the whole Greece thing. No matter which side he came down on, whatever he said would be the truth.

He enlightened me many times. Made me feel all right with admitting I was wrong on a number of things. He was the kind of guy who, if he acknowledged you in a thread, it made you feel like a million bucks.

Yes, he sure did.

I cut my argumentative teeth on EHK and it was both brutal and glorious.The best part was you could clash with him all day long, and he would not hold a grudge. Instead he'd respect you for holding your own and coming back for more.

Oh and I may have started a few "smokers suck" threads just to rile him up and see him get going. :p

Archived