Dragon Age: Origins: Thread III [some SPOILERS]

Tobin

This... surprises you?! :lol:

I know, seriously!

I think he's challenging me to whip out my new Allistair avatar...

Oh, Odie - did you see the animated Allistair/Wynne conversation on the Swooping page? I'm still looking to see if she posted the pics as downloadable avatars, some of them are just too cute! :love:

There's been almost 1000 posts about it on this board alone. I think that's a fairly ringing endorsement.

Then again, one could say the same about Tairy Goodkind... so forget I said that.

I know, seriously!

I think he's challenging me to whip out my new Allistair avatar...

Oh, Odie - did you see the animated Allistair/Wynne conversation on the Swooping page? I'm still looking to see if she posted the pics as downloadable avatars, some of them are just too cute! :love:

I haven't checked out this Swooping is Bad cult you two keep endorsing but I definately agree the Alistair + Wynne conversations are hillarious. She's the grandmother he never had, and he's the whining boy to indulge she never had..

"Waah, there's a hole in my shirt Wynne."

"I know the Chantry tells you that the good spirits of the Fade reach into your dreams and pluck out your babies and leave them in your arms, but that's *just* *not* *true*..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I know the Chantry tells you that the good spirits of the Fade reach into your dreams and pluck out your babies and leave them in your arms, but that's *just* *not* *true*..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah the shirt conversation, the sock conversation and the babies conversation were stinking hillarious.

"Pardon?" is what gets me in that conversation - you can almost see his face, pale and hoping she isn't saying what he thinks she is. :lol:

"Pardon?" is what gets me in that conversation - you can almost see his face, pale and hoping she isn't saying what he thinks she is. :lol:

Is that the same one where Wynne talks about how she has a son somewhere and asks Alistair if talking about having sex ruined her grandmotherly image?

Is that the same one where Wynne talks about how she has a son somewhere and asks Alistair if talking about having sex ruined her grandmotherly image?

No, that's a different one. The one I reference would be called, if anything, "The Talk". :lol:

Took down the Archdemon. Weird. I was never in serious danger of losing a party member that whole fight. I bought every health and lyrium potion I could beforehand in anticipation of a bloodbath and I used precisely one lyrium potion during the battle. For that matter, I only lost two elves.

Also, 204 xp for killing the big bad? Are you fucking serious? I mean, not that I care about xp anymore (well, I sorta do; 1400xp to level 20 and an achievement! *twitch*), but that's just sad.

Took down the Archdemon. Weird. I was never in serious danger of losing a party member that whole fight. I bought every health and lyrium potion I could beforehand in anticipation of a bloodbath and I used precisely one lyrium potion during the battle. For that matter, I only lost two elves.

Also, 204 xp for killing the big bad? Are you fucking serious? I mean, not that I care about xp anymore (well, I sorta do; 1400xp to level 20 and an achievement! *twitch*), but that's just sad.

I was something like level 22 on my Warrior by the time I got to the Last Battle/Archdemon and it was paltry compared to some of the other battles I had been in. I think it was a combination between the enemies being wimped out so you can take on extremely large amounts of them AND the fact you get a crapton of allies in the form of different army types, high level NPC's (Irving, that Legion of the Dead leader, Arl Eamon, etc) to assist you.

My last playthrough of the game will be on nightmare and I'm hoping that makes the last battle a complete butchery for my army.

I agree, the last battle was not very difficult at level 22. I didn't even use any of the armies at my disposal. I think after I've played through with a warrior and a rogue I might try another mage again on Nightmare difficulty, my first one had rather suboptimal spell selection (lightning spells suck!) and the Arcane Warrior specialization wasn't that useful either.

Archived