Octocon 2010: Dublin, 16-17 October

How many people are going to be around on the Thursday? I ask, because I'm thinking of arranging a BWB walk/short hike (about four hours) in Glendalough.

There are some cool-looking ruins there, you get to strain your legs, and food tastes so much better by the time you get back to town...

Let me know. If I get four volunteers, I'll do it :)

How many people are going to be around on the Thursday? I ask, because I'm thinking of arranging a BWB walk/short hike (about four hours) in Glendalough.

There are some cool-looking ruins there, you get to strain your legs, and food tastes so much better by the time you get back to town...

Sounds interesting, I'm up for it :)

I'll arrive on Thursday in the early afternoon.

So glad to see so many of you coming! If you're on Facebook, be sure to add your RSVP. :) http://www.facebook.com/octocon?v=app_2344061033#!/event.php?eid=280612251361&index=1

Looking forward to meeting all the new people. The BWB party looks like it's gonna be fun.

Also, for those in Dublin on Friday, we usually gather in the hotel for the evening so everyone gets a chance to meet each other.

Sounds interesting, I'm up for it :)

I'll arrive on Thursday in the early afternoon.

Very sorry Alytha, but more than likely it would be a morningish thing. :crying: There'd be a sandwich up the mountain for lunch followed by a long slide down the hill accompanied by much screaming...

It *might* be an afternooner, but if it is, it's more than an hour away from Dublin! So, I guess it would depend an awful lot on what time you're getting in...

And let me add...

I'm reluctant to do the hiking on Friday. It's only four hours. It's enjoyable, especially if you get to stuff your face when it's over... But it can be tiring too and I wouldn't want to spoil the first night of the Con for people.

I'm still hoping to come, arriving Friday evening and going back on Sunday night. There are not that many choices for planes and since I'll be on vacations 1st week of October I can't take off more than a half day. Didn't book the flights or the attendance yet since I still need to figure out if I can make it money-wise and I can't cancel those. Booked a room though (this I can cancel or transfer). If my BF doesn't come (which seems more and more likely), I can share with someone.

ETA: forgot to say: I'll be in Dublin for work 13-15th of September. I arrive quite early on the 13th and the conference only starts on the 14th so if anyone in Dublin is up for a drink on September 13th (that's a Monday), I would be happy to meet you.

Very sorry Alytha, but more than likely it would be a morningish thing. :crying: There'd be a sandwich up the mountain for lunch followed by a long slide down the hill accompanied by much screaming...

It *might* be an afternooner, but if it is, it's more than an hour away from Dublin! So, I guess it would depend an awful lot on what time you're getting in...

Too bad :(

The plane lands at about 13:00.

I understand the reluctance for Friday, but if you do it on Friday morning, would people would have the chance to recover a bit in time for con stuff to start?

Or else Monday? ;)

Don't know when I'm arriving yet, and I am assuming that this time estimate is not adjusted for Pebble-pace so if its anything more than a Gentle 4 hour walk then I better sit this one out.

Archived