Octocon 2010: Dublin, 16-17 October

Oh, you didn't have much spare to lose! I'm up for hearing about the terrifying reality of restrictive diets though.

Just as well. I frequently talk of nothing else. :stillsick:

Both, but thats just me. also you can change whats displayed when you pickup your badge at registration.

Ah thanks, that's good to know. :)

I've got Alytha on my badge...prefer it to my real name anyway ;)

I thought as much. :D

I am a tad lazy and this thread just seems way to vast to have to actually go back and read all the posts so maybe someone can help me??? :) Where do I get my membership and ticket for the event? and is it ok to take my teenage daughter with me?

I was at the Easons signing last Year and went for the after drinks on Abby Street so Hi to the bunch of people I was chatting with at that and sorry for waffling the ears of ye for two hours, its a shy thing, either I sit there and say nothing or else my nerves take over and there is no man or beast on this planet that can shut me up!!!

I am a tad lazy and this thread just seems way to vast to have to actually go back and read all the posts so maybe someone can help me??? :) Where do I get my membership and ticket for the event? and is it ok to take my teenage daughter with me?

You can buy a membership online here:

OctoCon website

As you can see, that kind of answers your second question too. Under-12s can accompany you free, 13-18s need a membership of their own (but you get it at a reduced rate). Don't know about the party - that'll depend on local licensing laws.

I think not sure but as long as we are not selling any acohol then it becomes a private party and there shouldn't be a problem.

If the party is in a Bar then as long as the Bar part is seperate (in a different room) then it should also be ok. But I guess this is something we need to find out once its confirmed where the party is gonna be held.

I think not sure but as long as we are not selling any acohol then it becomes a private party and there shouldn't be a problem.

If the party is in a Bar then as long as the Bar part is seperate (in a different room) then it should also be ok. But I guess this is something we need to find out once its confirmed where the party is gonna be held.

Still sorting out details, but I understand any alcohol served at the party will be served (and sold) by hotel staff from the bar.

Archived