Octocon 2010: Dublin, 16-17 October

Seems nice, but I seem to remember you are the one who found Howlin' Pelles stage presence to be more charmingly, than annoyingly, arrogant. Dealbreaker. (j/k :P )

I don't remember writing it, but it is very true, howling pelle rocks my socks in a very platonic way. The town of dublin simply won't be big enough for us both. :pirate:

Ummm... apparently we put down our Board names, because that's what I recall MG saying that people from here usually do. What do you expect from con n00bs, right? :blushing: Now I'll have to put up with someone's "I told you we should put our real names in there too!" for a while.

*whistles innocently*

*places magic marker on packing list*

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

*whistles innocently*

*places magic marker on packing list*

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I always put my first name followed by my board name. Mormont is just trying to scare you. For Octocon I forgot to put my first name, which annoys me - I hope it's like at WorldCon when you get one last chance to adjust your badge name before they print it out.

Alytha - you need to read my Worldcon report (link in my sig). Not only will you learn who Darrell the Creepazoid is but this will stop you being bored at work ;)

Ok I read it (well skimmed through bits of it) and NOW I'm scared...

:leaving:

I just received a check from Worldcon cos they had surplus funds and I volunteered. Well as this was totally unexpected and as far as I was concerned not necessary then I'm donating the £110 to the BwB Octocon party Fund.

You just have to let me know where to send it. (or I could look after it until its needed)

Ummm... apparently we put down our Board names, because that's what I recall MG saying that people from here usually do. What do you expect from con n00bs, right? :blushing: Now I'll have to put up with someone's "I told you we should put our real names in there too!" for a while.

M, I put down just my first name. I'm counting on being unrecognizable except for the velvet mod gloves. :P

you mean snogging Fabian?

Had a bad moment there where I thought you meant Fabio. :ack:

I just received a check from Worldcon cos they had surplus funds and I volunteered.

Wow. I've never heard of that before. Impressive. Montreal must have done something very right to make such a profit!

I'm counting on being unrecognizable except for the velvet mod gloves.

Ran is getting very fancy these days.

I just received a check from Worldcon cos they had surplus funds and I volunteered. Well as this was totally unexpected and as far as I was concerned not necessary then I'm donating the £110 to the BwB Octocon party Fund.

You just have to let me know where to send it. (or I could look after it until its needed)

Looking after it until it's needed will be fine. ;) We haven't got to the stage of figuring out how much cash we'll need, it depends on what sort of party we are able to do. But it's a very generous offer and we might take you up on it. Thanks Peb. :)

RE: Badgenames

If you want to pick a different badgename than the one you indicated, feel free to send us a mail! info at octocon dot com is the usual address. We can change any details for you anytime. And of course you can just let us know at the door if you like. ;)

Thanks! It's good to know we have the option of changing our badge names, you might be getting an email from us one of these days.

Grovelling done, membership booked - I'm coming to Dublin!

Awesome! :)

Archived