>1cm snow expected in uk, whole country to close indefinately!

BigFatCoward

A funny moment from last night. After eventually getting on a bus, the driver spends five bizarre minutes trying to enforce the number of passengers rule. While the bus driver was refusing to leave, someone outside the bus came up to the door as if to ask if she could get on. Everyone on the bus shouts a long 'No!' It pleased my heart that even at a moment of stress and anger people can still enjoy a bit of panto.
I know exactly what you mean - there are those moments where you're SO incredibly fucked off with the wafty public transport situation and idiot passengers generally making it much worse when something ridiculous happens to completely disarm you. Ah, haven't had one of those in a while... :(

I read this thread and I conclude: We did not lose two worldwars against you folks. Its simply impossible.*

WWI and WWII are obviously some kind of historical Wales.

*with or without hover cars

I went out to lunch with some family yesterday just north of Perth and in the restauruant car park the temperature was -9.5°C. The Scottish weather forecast on the BBC (which was 'Heather the Weather''s last ever forecast) said that the same area was going to be -15°C during the night. :laugh:

I went out to lunch with some family yesterday just north of Perth and in the restauruant car park the temperature was -9.5°C. The Scottish weather forecast on the BBC (which was 'Heather the Weather''s last ever forecast) said that the same area was going to be -15°C during the night. :laugh:

I'm in Perthshire at the moment and the temperature got as low as -11C yesterday afternoon, although by Midnight it was warmer, -6C.

Wah! If the snow isn't gone by Friday then I probably am, actually, going to die; I have to drive to deepest darkest Oxfordshire (where they still have a shitload of ice) and there's no way they'll be gritting the roads on Christmas day... I'll miss you guys :bawl:

Wah! If the snow isn't gone by Friday then I probably am, actually, going to die; I have to drive to deepest darkest Oxfordshire (where they still have a shitload of ice) and there's no way they'll be gritting the roads on Christmas day... I'll miss you guys :bawl:

Seriously, I wouldn't. No-one trying to get into Caversham Park from Oxfordshire has made it this week. Several have had accidents and the rest have turned back. Now we have freezing rain and the roads are like ice rinks. I'm trying to manage expectations for the kids, as no present transfers have been possible and Granny will never get through the ice.

Good luck! Unless it stops snowing this instant, Christmas is canceled here. We are under blizzard warnings and travel is strongly discouraged. This may be one of the best Christmases I will ever have - just me, my son, the cats, tons of beer, and epic Playstation battles. :D

Seriously, I wouldn't. No-one trying to get into Caversham Park from Oxfordshire has made it this week. Several have had accidents and the rest have turned back. Now we have freezing rain and the roads are like ice rinks. I'm trying to manage expectations for the kids, as no present transfers have been possible and Granny will never get through the ice.

I have had report that the A4074 from Caversham towards Wallingford and Oxford is now open again as of this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again. Basingstoke council will no doubt come up with a totally new reason why the roads were not gritted but never mind everyone was buying out the local store this morning in anticipation of being snowed in tomorrow morning :)

Archived