>1cm snow expected in uk, whole country to close indefinately!

BigFatCoward

We've all been issued with a website address we are meant to check tomorrow morning to see if the office is open. :P (Currently showing that our Manchester office is shut, lazy northern sods...) The weather forecast is currently looking like Thursday has as much chance of disruption as tomorrow.

We have long memories hereabouts. Why, I remember when Old Mother Brady was transported for running a disorderly house. How we mourned. Finest handlebar moustache this side of the Chiltern Gap. I could never watch Merv Hughes bowl without a strange stirring in the antipodes.

Nowt here so far. I fully expect it to be there when I get up though as it's milder here tonight.

The snow hasn't started falling where I am, but they've already arranged revised timetables tomorrow - "whether it snows or not".
I know it doesn't take much, but this enraged me when I got a text from National Express saying this on the way home tonight. How the fuck can they already know there will be delays and cancellations because of weather tomorrow? It's not actually forecast until the morning in the east anyhow - the skiving fucks! I suppose they think they deserve a rest just because they weren't allowed to put season ticket fares up this year.

I (along with the rest of Glasgow) awoke to find ti had snowed during the night. Which was quite good as the snow's easier to walk on than the sheets of ice between it and the pavement I'm working temporarily at an office 15 mins walk from my flat which saves me the hassle of public transport. The moneteary saving will no doubt come in handy when my gas bill arrives :/ . Managed to go out for a run for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Getting up in the mornings for early shifts is a major bitch though as I've no central heating so the place is freezing at 0630.

The street where I live, five to ten minutes ago.

Same picture with flash, 'cause ultraviolet-appearing snowflakes are cool.

I thought it had just got a lot warmer. Yay for being able to turn down the gas bill/central heating (though, DC, I'd hate to have none at this time of year; heated electric underblankets are a great thing).

You might have a foot out in the wilds where you live Blue Roses but here in central Basingstoke we have about four inches but it is still snowing and is forecast to continue for pretty much the whole day.

For the first time I called our Emergency Message line to see if the office is open and surprisingly it is, so I am here but I will be the only one in my department here today. The Site Manager will probably close the office at 2 pm and working from home is a PITA so I will get as much done as possible while I am here.

I'm at work, but I'm probably going to head home around lunchtime as the forecast predicts heavy snow in Hertfordshire starting around then.

Here's hoping that the trains are still running if that's the case.

Woke up this morning to find I had relocated during the night to somewhere in the Alps. At least a foot of now and still snowing.......

They mentioned Hampshire on the irish local radio, so it's got to be bad

We have long memories hereabouts. Why, I remember when Old Mother Brady was transported for running a disorderly house. How we mourned. Finest handlebar moustache this side of the Chiltern Gap. I could never watch Merv Hughes bowl without a strange stirring in the antipodes.

Truly, Old Mother Brady was a great woman. Kinda hot too, if you ask me.

Archived