NFL VI - I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

Mya Stone

I was actually more amused when they showed W talking to Emmitt Smith. I would've paid to listen to that conversation. Two of the more prolific verbal gaffers out there.

I was actually more amused when they showed W talking to Emmitt Smith. I would've paid to listen to that conversation. Two of the more prolific verbal gaffers out there.

I would've sold my thirst born to have sat in on that condensation.

Oh come on now. I bet there were some great words invented during that conversation.

One of my Facebook friends mentioned that (along with W shaking hands with Jerry Jones) and followed it up with "We Miss You George!" --- Kinda made me stop to think. Have we got it so bad that it's time to start longing for a return to the "good ole days of Dubya"??? Er... Not quite THAT bad yet, IMHO...

Anyway, who's going to be cheering for the Cardinals tomorrow? Other than me, of course!

I'm rooting for the Cards but not expecting them to win.

I know that Rex Ryan rubs some people the wrong way, but he cracks me up. I could almost root for the Jets just to see more of his antics.

I'm rooting for the Jets because this year in the play-offs they're pretty much first among 2 - 3 teams I mildly like - Jets, Cards, Vikings - the other teams I vicerally hate Cowboys, Chargers, Colts, Ravens, Bengals (ha!), and Eagles (ha!) or I couldn't be more meh about - Pats, Saints, GB.

I watched most of the game, but also missed this exchange, and am equally dismayed by it.

Everyone root for GB tomorrow. Fitzgerald is tight, but fuck the rest of Arizona.

yeah Fitzy is cool. I'm a fan.

I want another superbowl run out of them just because it means more business for me driving the taxi.

No Q for today's game. That hurts.

To be completely honest, I pick GB to win the game. Saying that they laid down last week and can come back and win this week implies some special tactical genius on Ken Whisenhunt's part, and I don't think he's that smart.

Further prediction: I think Warner's done after this season, no matter the outcome. He's been making owie noises for the last few weeks.

I'm pulling for GB, which should not surprise anyone. I would also pick them to win regardless. The one factor in AZ's favor is experience, particularily at the qb position. I don't expect Rodgers to preform well. Given that its his first playoff game the possiblilty of choking under the unfamiliar pressure exists. If GB plays like they have been though I really don't see AZ being able to win.

Go Pack go! Both the teams I wanted to win yesterday won. I'm not sure if I want the Cowboys to beat the Vikings next week, just to get rid of them, or if I'd prefer Green Bay destroying them in the NFC championship. Decisions, decisions...

Go Pack go!

wow the Pats are shaky right now. Almost another turnover. They gots to calm down and get a drive going.

I have to think they have to have some balance. Running or some of that wonderful bubble screen (i'm a big fan of that play now) before the Ravens pin their ears back and run over Brady.

and right as a type that, Brady gets sacked. wow.

Am I in a parallel universe right now? I feel like I woke up in an alternate reality. Quick, who's the president?

:bowdown: Empress Sarah Palin. President John McCain died of "natural causes" a day after his inauguration.

Is anyone else watching this game on CBS and having sound problems? Up to this point in the game I can only hear the field mics (refs and background crowd noise). I haven't heard a word that Gumbel or Simms have said.*

*Also, I am trying to decide if this is really a problem.

** Nevermind. I figured it out. (reset my tuner). That was weird, though. I never knew that it could partially decode the signal so that I got some of the sound, but not all of it.

This is getting pretty ugly pretty fast. Offensive lines looks porous, Brady looks lost even on the rare occasion he had time. The one consolation is that its early. Plenty of time to make up three scores, if you can made the necessary adjustments. Not holding my breath though.

Archived