Footie 17

Mme Erzulie

Good weekend.

How Fellaini escaped a red card and Pienaar wasn't sent off sooner I will never know. It wasn't a nice tackle by Kyrgiakos, but Jesus, Fellaini just double stomp his shin, and then proceeds to kick Kuyt in the face MMA style later. Kuyt must be made of titanium or some shit. His comment after the game as well: "Those are the kind of 'tackles' you're always gonna get in derby games".

Well done to Rafa for not complaining about the ref as well.

Good weekend.

How Fellaini escaped a red card and Pienaar wasn't sent off sooner I will never know. It wasn't a nice tackle by Kyrgiakos, but Jesus, Fellaini just double stomp his shin, and then proceeds to kick Kuyt in the face MMA style later. Kuyt must be made of titanium or some shit. His comment after the game as well: "Those are the kind of 'tackles' you're always gonna get in derby games".

Well done to Rafa for not complaining about the ref as well.

You're so biased. Makes me :lol:

You're so biased. Makes me :lol:

Did you not think those challenges were deserving of red cards? I thought it was pretty obvious they were.

Good weekend for Liverpool all round in the end, at least it looks like they're starting to have a little more solidity at the back.

Did you not think those challenges were deserving of red cards? I thought it was pretty obvious they were.

Good weekend for Liverpool all round in the end, at least it looks like they're starting to have a little more solidity at the back.

I was more on about the way he made Kuyt out to be a toughman when after every tackle he was rolling about and moaning to the ref. He kick to the face looked accidental and the red card could have gone either way imo.

Didier Drogba: 12 goals in 10 games against Arsenal.

Arsenal are surely out of the title race now, and they really have to beat Liverpool at the Emirates on Wednesday if they don't want to loose third. Wenger has come out and said that he'd rather finish third than win a cup, and I can't see Arsenal winning the Champions League this season so third is the best he can hope for.

No way in hell Arsenal will win the CL this season. Last time they beat Chelsea, they had Adebayor and Van Persie up-front, which is pretty damn lethal. They no longer have those two, and they've not been replaced.

No way in hell Arsenal will win the CL this season. Last time they beat Chelsea, they had Adebayor and Van Persie up-front, which is pretty damn lethal. They no longer have those two, and they've not been replaced.

I think he meant he can't see them winning the Champions League.

The handshakes at the start will be a good laugh.

Club teams don't shake hands before matches, do they? At least, not in the Premiership, right?

Isn't that only done before International matches?

Club teams don't shake hands before matches, do they? At least, not in the Premiership, right?

Isn't that only done before International matches?

Not sure about the other European leagues, but handshakes always take place before EPL matches.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8505540.stm

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan will ask all the players and staff at the debt-ridden club to take a voluntary wage cut at the end of the season.

Sullivan also says the Premier League club, who have debts of £110m, will face "Armageddon" if they go down.

Is it redundant to suggest that this might have more credibility had he not been willing to pay Ruud van Nistelrooy £100K per week just last month?

"Already members of the administrative staff have come to us and said, 'look we know we are overpaid for the job we do but we are good people and we'd like to stay and we are prepared to take a voluntary wage cut'."

I suspect he's paraphrasing a bit here.

Every team needs a star player that you make exceptions for, and RVN was going to be that man for West Ham. I'm not justifying this philosophy, just sayin'. It can work. I would not recommend it, however. It's not the most long-lasting of formulas.

Every team needs a star player that you make exceptions for, and RVN was going to be that man for West Ham. I'm not justifying this philosophy, just sayin'. It can work. I would not recommend it, however. It's not the most long-lasting of formulas.

It's not, for precisely the reason that it causes jealousy. And in this case it's understandable: your boss claiming that he can't afford to honour his existing legal commitments to you, mere weeks after saying he was keen to enter into an even larger one with someone else, is a bit of a slap in the face. It's as if your ex was saying they couldn't afford to pay maintenance, when last week they were planning on buying a big-screen TV.

Archived