NFL the offseason

AndyP

There were apparently reports that Ben regularly skipped out on paying tabs at restaurants and did so happily, like it was a dare.

That makes him a douche even if he's a perfect gentleman with female company.

Yes indeed. The city cries out for a Tebow ;)

Just kidding... I think.

Well the good thing about Tebow is he won't get accused of rape every offseason. Infact you won't even have to worry about him getting accused of having sex.

Well the good thing about Tebow is he won't get accused of rape every offseason. Infact you won't even have to worry about him getting accused of having sex.

I don't know...Tiger Woods, while not a "bible guy" (if you will) certainly had one of those squeaky clean images that made you think he'd never go wrong...how'd that work out for him? You know Tebow's got some sort of dark dark secret just waiting to come out... :P

Derek Anderson on Browns fans.....

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner ... I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/derek-anderson-says-browns-fans-dont-deserve-a-winner/

Awesome.

And now Anderson regrets these words, but at least he didn't fall back on the old "I was misquoted" canard.

"I said some things to [News-Herald reporter] Jeff Schudel earlier that I regret," Anderson said. "Those of you who got to know me personally from covering the Browns over the past five years, know this was out of character for me. I wasn't taken out of context, but I was speaking out of frustration after my career with the Browns came to a close.

"I had some great times playing in Cleveland, especially during the 2007 season, and I met some great people and made many lifelong friends along the way," Anderson said Wednesday. "I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter in my life."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4981767

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner ... I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured. I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."

Turn the clock back to 2002 and nearly these exact words were uttered by Tim Couch. Fans cheered when he was taken off the field injured as well and he was widely lampooned as a "cry baby."

Much as our discussion above revolved around a trend of bad choices for Ben Roethlisberger, I think at some point people need to look at fans and say the same thing. The fans of the current incarnation of the Browns franchise are developing a history of devouring their own.

Turn the clock back to 2002 and nearly these exact words were uttered by Tim Couch. Fans cheered when he was taken off the field injured as well and he was widely lampooned as a "cry baby."

Much as our discussion above revolved around a trend of bad choices for Ben Roethlisberger, I think at some point people need to look at fans and say the same thing. The fans of the current incarnation of the Browns franchise are developing a history of devouring their own.

Perhaps Cleveland fans would be able to have a healthier relationship with their local football franchise if they were allowed to ritually slaughter Art Modell like the water buffalo at the end of Apocalypse Now.

Perhaps Cleveland fans would be able to have a healthier relationship with their local football franchise if they were allowed to ritually slaughter Art Modell like the water buffalo at the end of Apocalypse Now.

Some sort of cathartic ritualistic sacrifice very well might be beneficial for them. And then the Dog Pound could BBQ his ribs on a spit before a game and eat them while watching the Browns play the Ravens.

Some sort of cathartic ritualistic sacrifice very well might be beneficial for them. And then the Dog Pound could BBQ his ribs on a spit before a game and eat them while watching the Browns play the Ravens.

I also support Baltimore's right to do this to Bob Irsay's heir, Colts owner Jim Irsay.

I also support Baltimore's right to do this to Bob Irsay's heir, Colts owner Jim Irsay.

Intruiging. Should Texans fans have similar free reign over Bud Adams and his heirs?

I'm OK with Derek being pissed that some fans cheered when he got injured. Those type of fans should not be allowed back, but he shouldn't lump all of us in this. Derek's time with the Browns was very much a roller-coaster ride. He had a phenomenal 2007, but everything since has been embarrassingly bad and he has always acted like nothing was his fault.

The general consensus in Cleveland is that just because a minority of fans acted like assholes, the rest shouldn't be lumped in with them. Cleveland fans are incredibly loyal, but we expect our guys to give 100% and when we see a guy that doesn't care as much as we do we get very pissed at them. Look at a guy Zydrunas Ilgauskas, he's never been the most dominant player, but Cleveland fans have bounded with him intensely - all because we know he cares and is loyal to us. Tim Couch went through the same thing as Derek here, but he never insulted the entire fanbase. He said that he was very disappointed in those fans that cheered. Tim's actually been to several of the Browns games since he retired. It's just too bad that he was drafted to such a terrible team and was not given anytime to develop.

Sorry for the rant. :commie:

Archived