Upcoming Cover Art II

Larry.

A lot of nice covers. I like the one for Society of Steam and Goblin Corps, there is somethng extravagantly fantastical about them.

Cover for Out of the Waters is also very nice, a shame I have no interest in Drake's books.

Deathless is a very intriguing cover as well.

Just heard from Macmillan that these covers are very early pre-release drafts that have leaked somehow. The final covers will not be unveiled until next month, and they should be revealed altogether, not piecemeal.

Jussi, how did you find that pic? From an Amazon link?

Cover art for STREET: Clairvoyance by Ryan A. Span.

I should mention that Clairvoyance is now out (has been for a few months), and that the first book of the series, STREET: Empathy, is getting a major facelift. The shiny new edition will be coming out over the next two weeks.

And since this is a cover preview thread, you can get a sneak peek at the whole glorious wraparound if you feel so inclined!

Regards,

Ryan

Interesting! It appears the previous cover for Daniel Abraham's The Dragon's Path was not the final article. This is the final one, with some notes on how they came up with it.

Still somewhat generic, but vastly less brown, which is a good thing.

French covers have been kicking arse for the last couple of years Looks like that has come to an end with this jaw-droppingly terrible cover for Blake Charlton's Spellwright.

"BOO!"

The UK paperback, OTOH, is getting a nice new cover. Pretty smart.

Btw, Voyager are reissuing Guy Gavriel Kay's Tigana, A Song for Arbonne, The Last Light of the Sun, Sailing to Sarantium, Lord of Emperors and The Lions of Al-Rassan in February 2011, alongside the paperback of Under Heaven. They should be unveiling the new covers imminently.

O_o at that French one. That's hideous.

The UK one is okay, but really it's just another take on the rather dull symbol-type cover that has taken over UK fantasy bookshelves in recent years. That said, the hardcover is just another take on the mysterious hooded figure that is the other dominant presence on said shelves these days, so it's really just a step from one to the other, though the HC is marginally more interesting in my eyes. The US one is much better and I wish I'd bought it instead of waiting for the UK version for the few bob savings I got.

I sincerely hope the new Kay covers do something spectacular, but you just know they're going to fit into one of the above two trends.

Archived