MLB 2010, Part II

Lightning Lord

I know it's only the Pirates, but the kid's got 6 strikeouts in three innings.

Make that 14 Ks over 7 innings including striking out the side in the 6th and 7th. Also not a single walk. Sweet mercy.

How'd Prior do his first time out?

I'm pretty sure he threw one pitch, imagined he felt a slight twinge in his elbow, cried for two hours, then quit the game of baseball.

Make that 14 Ks over 7 innings including striking out the side in the 6th and 7th. Also not a single walk. Sweet mercy.

6 IP, 10K, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 hits.

ETA: Also against Pittsburgh.

The Nats game tonight was quite possibly the most fun I've ever had at a ball game. And I'm a Red Sox fan.

We had our pictures taken with Thomas Jefferson and Teddy Roosevelt. We played a game of beanbags on the second level concourse.

We had fantastic seats just right of the right field foul post.

Oh, and that kid..Strasburg? pitched a hell of a game.

the movement Strasburg gets on his pitches is sick

It's like he's got a string attached to the ball. I guess it's a good thing someone like Pudge was catching him. I wonder if that's going to become a limiting factor in the future. And how the hitters adjust to it, assuming they ever do.

It's like he's got a string attached to the ball. I guess it's a good thing someone like Pudge was catching him. I wonder if that's going to become a limiting factor in the future. And how the hitters adjust to it, assuming they ever do.

Time will tell. I remember when Hideo Nomo came into the league and was unhittable at first. That didn't last.

Time will tell. I remember when Hideo Nomo came into the league and was unhittable at first. That didn't last.

as a lifelong dodgers fan i do not recall nomo having what this fellow had in his first game. but, really if he plays like nomo did in the end of things, then he is doing well. nomo had two no hitters and a rookie of the year honor. he had a good career. if strasburg has the 3.15 era for his career and the near 2,000 strikeouts that nomo had i would call it a good day at the office. but, something tells me after watching the lad pitch this evening at nat's park that he is a bit more than our japanese dodger.

He reminds me of Jesus, but cooler. Like if Jesus and Nolan Ryan had a love child, and then that love child had a love child with Gandhi, and then the resulting double love child was raised from birth by the spirit of Cy Young in a monastery at the top of Mount Everest.

I heard some baseball analysts are already worried about Stratsburg's delivery because he has the same near perfect, but with one flaw delivery that Mark Prior had (something about forming a "W" with his body, I didn't have a visual nor were they very clear. Nice to know that before the guy even pitched an inning in the majors that someone already declared his career doomed due to injury.

Okay, I found a guy named Chris O'Reilly that says he is an expert on mechanics and thinks there might be trouble. Does he have any actual knowledge, or is he just a self-important salesman trying to make a buck off of his videos and books?

I heard some baseball analysts are already worried about Stratsburg's delivery because he has the same near perfect, but with one flaw delivery that Mark Prior had (something about forming a "W" with his body, I didn't have a visual nor were they very clear. Nice to know that before the guy even pitched an inning in the majors that someone already declared his career doomed due to injury.

This is what they're talking about. But it's not what ruined Mark Prior's career. Mark Prior being a whiny baby is what ruined Mark Prior's career.

Archived